Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Cool Blue Steel" on a hot summer night

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> "Cool Blue Steel" on a hot summer night Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Cool Blue Steel" on a hot summer night - 8/5/2003 5:08:29 PM   
Marga

Yesterday I came home from a long and hot summer day full of work and annoying car traffic. The only thing I had in mind while driving home was a cool beer to refresh me.

Guess what was waiting for me at home letting me forget to fetch a beer from the refrigerator? What a nice surprise has finally reached me over some thousand miles?

Yes, the US Version of “Titans of Steel – Warring Suns”:) , carefully collected and packed by MatrixGames.

I curiously opened the package and took out the steel blue box with the “Titans of Steel” emblem catching my eyes. Within a second the coolness of the artwork, the well proportioned dimensions of the high quality cardboard box - which was lying so perfectly in my hands - took me over and I immediately stopped suffering from the summer heat like sitting in a cockpit connected to a “:D Delinit H6 heatregulator :D ”.
I turned over the box cover and the box itself to take a look at the high gloss screenshots printed all over. What can I say? Everything makes a very nice and professional impression.

Nevertheless, before starting to open the box I went to the kitchen to fetch me a beer:D . Then I fell back into my seat, relaxed, took a sip from my beer and totally enjoyed the moment when I opened the box.

First the complete steel blue printed CD came out, followed by a very handy handbook, covered with a glossy black and white artwork. I ran over the 44 pages and stopped here and there thinking: “Well, it really looks like a professional handbook with lots of screenshots making you want to start the game to see how all the descriptions in the tables about jock skills, heat levels and control buttons work when going into action.

Finally I fed my WindowsXP computer with the ToS:WS – CD and he gladly accepted the CD, immediately displaying the MatrixGames installer screen:cool: . And there it was again, the incredible music sound made by “Crownd”:cool: . I continue without going into installation details. The installer program led me through the installation and finally I was able to start the game (after about 1-2 minutes of installation time => didn’t encounter such problem as 30 minutes of installation time which was reported somewhere else in the forum).

To shorten this report and not to tell too much about the game itself I just want to tell you:
It was awesome for me to hear Crownds music while watching the intro-avi and finally reach the CC, which started playing a different - but as nice as the first - theme from Crownd. I checked some of the options in the options section just to make sure everything is working, then I started each of the modules and found no problems so far. I intended to go into a detailed check of all functionalities in the different modules, but when I was testing the campaign mode of the battle module I lost myself in playing one of the missions…:)

OK, I know, I’m biased;) and I am praising ToS:WS, but I am sure you will share some of my emotions when you are enjoying this game.

For me it was one of the great and rare moments in live, to finally hold ToS:WS in my hands after all that hard work we all have down over years.
I want to thank all at Matrix Games for believing in Vicious Byte and in “Titans of Steel:Warring Suns” and for their support that helped us making this dream come true.
Also I want to thank all our beta-testers and our fans, because without their help “Titans of Steel” wouldn’t be the game it is today.

Marga (Vicious Byte)

Up The (UNDEAD)- Irons
Post #: 1
- 8/5/2003 9:23:45 PM   
tarendelcymir

Now you've got me practically drooling on my keyboard. I can hardly wait to see it myself.

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 2
- 8/6/2003 1:57:58 AM   
rosary

I'm jealous. I'm in the U.S. and still have yet to recieve any boxes from Matrix Games.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 3
- 8/6/2003 3:03:51 AM   
Voidhawk

Lovely, so after months of (granted, mostly unintentional) taunting by the devs and beta testers about how cool WS is, I finally get to have my day in the sun.

It has indeed gone around, and now it comes back around.

Psst, I have WS running in the background while I'm typing this. I am intentionally taunting you now.

:p :D

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 4
- 8/6/2003 6:56:49 AM   
LarkinVB

At least tomorrow I will have it in my hands if FedEx is not failing to deliver again !

But I'm happy waiting as I'm surely the first guy getting a good patch ! Note that patches don't neccesarily mean bugfixes, they can also mean improvements. Its very likely that I will add titan selection for duels.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 5
- 8/6/2003 7:01:13 AM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]At least tomorrow I will have it in my hands if FedEx is not failing to deliver again ![/QUOTE]

Can you imagine that FedEx shipped my copy to Paris twice? It was in Frankfurt for the natural duty check on friday, then to Paris, back to Frankfurt, another duty check, back to Paris, back to Frankfurt duty check. I was about to welcome the FedEx guy in french when I got my copy today ;)

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 6
- 8/6/2003 7:02:37 AM   
Thorgrim

n/t

Iceman

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 7
- 8/6/2003 7:57:26 AM   
rosary

I got my copy today:) Marga is right. The soundtrack is great. Good job Crownd! Anyone have the lyrics? I was listening to the intro lyrics and they seem to fit very well with the game.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 8
- 8/6/2003 6:31:19 PM   
LarkinVB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarkinVB
[B]At least tomorrow I will have it in my hands if FedEx is not failing to deliver again !

[/B][/QUOTE]

I just got it ! Hipp Hipp Hoooray !!! :D

Nice box, great art. Oh boy, it took us a long time but now we made it. Thanks Matrixgames, thanks TOS community.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 9
- 8/6/2003 6:54:36 PM   
U2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]Can you imagine that FedEx shipped my copy to Paris twice? It was in Frankfurt for the natural duty check on friday, then to Paris, back to Frankfurt, another duty check, back to Paris, back to Frankfurt duty check. I was about to welcome the FedEx guy in french when I got my copy today ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I used UPS once and they shipped it to the wrong address three days in a row....I was not a happy wargamer:D Oh well guess I should have this game in less than two weeks :) BTW is the US version a DVD box or a larger box like they used to package games before?

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 10
- 8/6/2003 10:17:23 PM   
Paul Vebber

The box is the "Standard" cardboard software box most are usig these days at retail - not a DVD case.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 11
- 8/6/2003 10:24:45 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]BTW is the US version a DVD box or a larger box like they used to package games before?[/QUOTE]

The US box is a "standard" 5th panel DVD size card box. The size (lenght and height, but not the width ;) ) is about that of a standard DVD box. 5th panel means that there´s and extra flap that you can fold open (showing more screenshots generally).

Everything outside of the US is currently a standard DVD plastic case. For example, if you order from JustPlay you will not get the US box version.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 12
- 8/6/2003 10:33:21 PM   
U2

Thanks Paul and Marc

I must say that your partners in Europe, Just Play, is making darn fine alternative box art covers for your games....sometimes better than the US versions:D

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 13
- 8/6/2003 11:38:14 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by U2
[B]Thanks Paul and Marc

I must say that your partners in Europe, Just Play, is making darn fine alternative box art covers for your games....sometimes better than the US versions:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I nthe case of TOS, we could agree. In other cases not ;).

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 14
- 8/7/2003 12:20:13 AM   
Voidhawk

No way. I'll take "Cool Blue Steel" over "Flamin' Hot Cheetos" any day o' the week. :cool:

The Just Play box art doesn't even match the butt-kicking ToS logo! They should be ashamed (not to mention burned at the stake)! :D

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 15
- 8/7/2003 1:09:35 AM   
LarkinVB

I love to have both on my shelf and show them to anyone interested or not. "Look, thats what I have created" (ok, others were partially involved too).

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 16
- 8/7/2003 1:13:10 AM   
Bernd Hesberg

and of course you'd never go fishing for compliments, do you ? ;)

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 17
- 8/7/2003 1:33:07 AM   
LarkinVB

Welcome back, Bernd ! Very nice to meet you again. Seems TOS has some magnatism on certain people.

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 18
- 8/7/2003 1:39:27 AM   
Bernd Hesberg

It really has, that's beyond questioning!

I felt the release of TOS:WS was a good reason for showing up. :)

(in reply to Marga)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> "Cool Blue Steel" on a hot summer night Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI