Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inf Div

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Inf Div Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inf Div - 7/27/2003 1:56:15 AM   
agors

Hi -

who can explain the differences between the different Infantry Division, e.g. InfDiv, FJ (Para?), JG (Jaeger?), Cavalary and Mounties? I think the MountainDivision have advantages in the mountains, right?

thanks from
Andreas
Post #: 1
- 7/27/2003 2:04:00 AM   
K62

Hi agors.

Mountain divisions lose less readiness in mountains and in blizzard. Cavalry divisions are supposed to lose less readiness when moving. Inf, para and JG are practically the same, except that JG is usually smaller.

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to agors)
Post #: 2
- 7/28/2003 3:13:41 AM   
DiRaC

What's the difference while combating, if whey all have same strength, experience, and readiness.

(in reply to agors)
Post #: 3
- 8/6/2003 7:02:54 AM   
Possum

Hmm.....
I see no-one has answered this yet.
The difference is that at full strength, they do NOT have the same combat strengths!
Infantry are the strongest of the non-armoured.
Next is Motorised Infantry, only slightly behind the regular infantry. (it has more AC but less artillery, and can also keep up with the Armour.)
Next is Cavalry, has less support units than Motorised, but even more Amroured Cars; And is also capable of keeping up with Armour.
Next is Mountain Infantry, has less of everything compared to Regular infantry, but does have winter warfare and mountain warfare bonuses.
Next is Luftwaffe, Amout the same maximum size as Mountain Infantry, but without the combat bonuses.
Next is Airborn, slightly smaller overall than Luftwaffe troops.
Last is Fallshumjager? Divisions, even smaller than Airborn.
Note that Luftwaffe, Airborn, and Fallshumjager have no combat bonuses, the should be regarded as weak infantry units, and ideally used only for partisan suppression, garrison requirements, or if you are desperate for combat troops to fill gaps.

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to agors)
Post #: 4
RE: - 4/9/2005 1:01:44 PM   
Agent Smith

I have noticed a pattern in Soviet Airborn divisions expirience during my compaign:

Date Airborn div. exp. Average exp.(for all forces)
08.41 52-61 39
12.41 62-64 44
05.42 63-66 51
12.42 55-66(3 div. surrendered) 52
04.43 72-75(div were in reserve 59
during 42-43 winter)

I also noticed that Airborn divisions are rebuilding at greater rate than odinary Rifle divisions or NKVD Rifle Divivsions.
I think that Airborn divisions not only smaller and weaker than odinary Rifle divisions but have an "elite" bonus - exprience boost and quick rebuilding. You may consider their more active use in military operations.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Inf Div Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI