How can I remove or decrease unit and formation limit?

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
exsonic01

How can I remove or decrease unit and formation limit?

Post by exsonic01 »

I was trying to set up 50k vs 50k meeting engagement game between Yugo and Brit. Both armor AIs. While I purchase units, I found that I cannot purchase units anymore around 32k~35k points due to formation or unit limitation.

Usually I purchase 15~20 squad of recon, some 30~40 squad of support, and some artillery and air, and then I purchase mech infantry and armor.

I usually purchase all units based on platoon for me and AI because of several obvious reasons. But because of the limit for formation number, I cannot purchase 50k wise units because one platoon takes up one formation slot.

So I tried company, so that I can bypass the formation limit. But now I cannot purchase anymore due to unit number limitation.

"Major" nations like US UK Russia is OK, because their units are expensive and I can purchase 50k point within the limit of unit number and formation number.

But for "minor" nations like Yugo DDR Italy, they don't have such expensive units, and in 50k battlefield they must rely on number. But due to those limitations I just can't spend all those points for ground units.

I was thinking of spending 8k~10k to air and artillery, and spending 40k~42k to ground units. Is there any way to remove or decrease unit and formation for proper game? I mean, not dynamic game but armor or mech infantry game.
Veitikka

RE: How can I remove or decrease unit and formation limit?

Post by Veitikka »

It's not possible to adjust the unit or formation limits. Isn't there enough to manage in 325 units or 100 formations? The original reason for the limitations was that on small maps the deployment zone may not be large enough for the units, and since then the game has been optimized with these numbers in mind. Currently there are no plans to change them.
Know thyself!
exsonic01

RE: How can I remove or decrease unit and formation limit?

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: Veitikka
It's not possible to adjust the unit or formation limits. Isn't there enough to manage in 325 units or 100 formations? The original reason for the limitations was that on small maps the deployment zone may not be large enough for the units, and since then the game has been optimized with these numbers in mind. Currently there are no plans to change them.
Hmm obviously, it seems that 50k vs 50k games requires less limitations. In meeting engagement with "secondary" nations, I guess 30k~35k is real maximum limit due to those limitations. So, I would say it is not enough. I just wish to try gazillion number of T-72Ms or M-84As, marching and maneuvering to NATO third gen tanks.

Also, I guess it would be better to correlate the unit and formation limit with game points.

Return to “Armored Brigade”