2D Small Unit Icons corrupted?

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
76mm

2D Small Unit Icons corrupted?

Post by 76mm »

I don't think I've seen a thread on this, but it has been bugging me since I got the game, so I wanted to see if something is wrong with my setup... In the game, all of the 2D unit icons work great in the various 2D zoom levels, other than 2D small, which seems to be corrupted.

For example, 2D Large:

Attachments
2DLarge.jpg
2DLarge.jpg (106.17 KiB) Viewed 108 times
76mm

RE: 2D Small Unit Icons corrupted?

Post by 76mm »

2D Tiny:

Attachments
2DTiny.jpg
2DTiny.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 108 times
76mm

Post by 76mm »

But 2D Small is screwed up....

Attachments
2DSmall.jpg
2DSmall.jpg (31.39 KiB) Viewed 108 times
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Anybody else have this problem? Any idea how to fix?
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

Are you using any mods that change the Counter files in Graphics Override?

I think for the Small size they would be named Counter*.png. You can get these kind of errors if the files are not the exact dimensions the game expects.

CounterBackground.png should be 31x31px.
CounterUnits.png should be 496x248px.

I assume you've not changed the files in the Graphics directory where the game is, just the overrides.
Compare them to the files in the Graphics directory of the install. Or just delete files you think are relevant from the Override directory until it sorts out.

Failing that zip up your entire Graphics Override folder and post it here and I can take a look [:)]
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Shadrach
Are you using any mods that change the Counter files in Graphics Override?
Not that I recall, but it's been a while since I installed the game, so have to check.
ORIGINAL: Shadrach
I assume you've not changed the files in the Graphics directory where the game is, just the overrides.
Failing that zip up your entire Graphics Override folder and post it here and I can take a look [:)]
Usually I don't do so, but I seem to recall having weird issues when the patch installed the Steam versions of TOAW and messed up my file structure...I need to go back and check what is where... Thanks for your tips, hopefully I can get it figured out now.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Huge, Large, and Small tiles must all be in the same directory. If you put the Huge and Large tiles in the override directory and leave the Small in the main graphics directory, the Small tiles will not be found by the game, and the game will sub the Large tiles for them. That's what you're seeing.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Duh, turns out I had a counter mod, I guess it didn't have all of the zoom levels included, or something. I removed the mod and now it seems to work normally. Thanks for the tips.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”