What are SP LOSSES

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

artofwar85

What are SP LOSSES

Post by artofwar85 »

At end of a scenario up pops the Victory Dialog Window thing showing things such as Total Allied point losses Total Axis Point losses

so how are the SP losses calculated and what are SP losses I am trying to accurately assign Minor and major and etc victory point conditions I know how to figure out the total objective values and the total Victory Point values of the units that the enemy has using the Strength Dialog which is shown when one creates a scenario but then when ya play the scenario it comes up with SP losses ????????????????????
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.
artofwar85

RE: What are SP LOSSES

Post by artofwar85 »

Ok I luckily figured it out it must be Strength Point Losses so when one tries to figure out what number values to assign to a scenario in order to have a realistic result for a minor defeat minor vicotry major defeat and major victory and Draw it is not enough to know the values of the objectives and the Victory Point values of each enemy unit VP - one must look at the starting Strength Point values of each unit and factor all of this in ... so now I'm wondering regarding the Victory Point values of a unit not the Strength point values but the VP values what if I do NOT destroy an enemy unit do I get a VP amount if I ONLY destroy the unit. I have noticed if I destroy a unit I get a SP amount AND the VP amount of the unit. so if a unit has a VP value of 3 and I destroy it I get 3 points PLUS whatever Strength points it had at the beginning of the scenarios. which may be 6 so the total would be 9
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Yes, that is correct.

You can collect Victory Points by one of three ways.

1. Killing your enemy. Each SP you destroy is worth something.

2. Capturing and holding objectives.

3. Exiting units from Exit Objectives. These aren't in every scenario, but some scenarios require you to cross a map and EXIT off the other side to gain your victory.

Of course, the more losses you take, the less likely you'll gain your victory.

The future of the Campaign Series will have missions that can gain you Event Points, or destroying particular units will get you Event Points, etc, etc, etc.

You can follow along in the Campaign Series Middle East forum to see where the Campaign Series is going.

Campaign Series Middle East
artofwar85

Post by artofwar85 »

Thanks and Thanks for the Link

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”