Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes - 5/18/2019 4:23:00 AM   
exsonic01

How about introduce off-map airplanes, like current artillery in AB? I think offmap airplanes will help AB to depict some important and realistic part of battle field. I get this idea while I thinking about EW.

For EW, let's introduce [offmap EW] airplanes, and give them proper price. After purchase, player can call them but they will never appear on the map, as they usually operate far behind the line. Instead, some time (like 5~10 min) after EW airplane is called, EW effect will be initiated. This will influence on all radar SAM or radar AAA, reducing their accuracy for amount of some basic number + some random number. Also, due to communication jamming, all opponent's delay time can be increased, or this can be depicted as reduced HQ unit command/influence circle. On top of the screen or some corner of the screen, show "friendly EW in effect" message appear. If enemy use EW, then show "enemy EW in effect" After 30min~1hr time, let EW airplanes go back to their base. (they can fly much longer in reality but for game balance)

Same way, it would be possible to introduce [air superiority] or [interceptor] airplanes in game. After purchase, player can call them but they will never appear on the map (or give small random chance to interceptors to appear in game). When air superiority fighters are called, introduce delay time for 5~10 min, and introduce some chance of enemy inmap and offmap fixed wings being shot down or evade & cancel mission due to interceptor activity. Let them patrol around 20~30min and go back to base (for balance reason).

[ARM] and [Standoff] can be depicted in such 'offmap' airplane concept. For [ARM], let players purchase SEAD/DEAD airplane with ARM, but never show airplane itself in the map. Instead, when being called, only show missile coming into the map and rush to the enemy radar SAM from the boundary. You could use current in-map airplane code, but give them a model graphic of missile when they appear inmap, and let them kamikaze to enemy radar SAM. I guess it would be not terribly difficult to code in game, but I dunno about source code so I may be wrong.

[Standoff] is the same, let players purchase fighter bomber with standoff missile like Maverick or Kh-29, or laser-guided bombs, and never show the airplanes. But when being called, only show the missile rush to the tanks or other vehicles.

Give SAM missiles have a chance to engage against offmap airplanes when they are being called. CMBS/CMSF use this concept, they never model airplanes or helicopter graphics. AA units automatically engage against unseen enemy air units when they begin their strike, and chance of shot down/evade/successful strike is depending on carefully designed dice roll of random generator and experience of pilot / AA operators. AB could adapt this system too.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 5/18/2019 4:48:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes - 5/19/2019 9:00:43 AM   
Veitikka

I think off-map weapon systems will become more important when we will move to the contemporary and future eras.

Know thyself!

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 2
RE: Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes - 5/19/2019 8:16:33 PM   
exsonic01

It can help the cold war era AB as well :)

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 3
RE: Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes - 5/20/2019 12:18:53 PM   
wodin

I want on map WW2 Stukas with Jericho siren blasting please😉😁.

As for off map I agree, good idea and yes even for late cold war. Planes used beyond visual range missiles back then, air to ground ones being the important one in this regard.

Also jamming planes. I imagine late cold war they where used?

Is Spookey in game? That big mini gun beast Americans used in Vietnam and onwards. Apparently can cover a football field with a hit every 6 inches! Ouch!

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/20/2019 12:21:47 PM >

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Idea suggestion: offmap airplanes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI