Art Request

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Alikchi2

Art Request

Post by Alikchi2 »

Hi all. You may remember me from, oh, 11 years ago. [X(] I did Iron Storm (then Scenario 50) and I've tinkered with variations on it every few years since.

There are two ship sides I have had no luck finding and I'm too bad at pixel art to create: the 1928 Hiraga Treaty Battleship design and the A-140 J1 Yamato design by Fujimoto. Shipbucket has stuff to work off of:

A-140 J1 http://shipbucket.com/drawings/4441

Hiraga 1928 http://shipbucket.com/drawings/4457

Also, hi to all my old friends on here and many thanks to folks like Spooky for keeping all the old art alive.
Alikchi2

RE: Art Request

Post by Alikchi2 »

I think I have made an okay A-140 J1, actually. Though the turrets are kind of blurry.

Attachments
JnSide0409.jpg
JnSide0409.jpg (13.7 KiB) Viewed 321 times
traskott

Post by traskott »

Hi!! Nice to see you again. I remember Iron Storm. Even make an AAR of it on a spanish forum. Lot of fun!!
Dali

Post by Dali »

Nice !
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Welcome back!

Here's a crack at the A-140 J-1:

Shil:

You'll need to test the shil for 'artifacting' - that is, if any of the pink color shows up on the combat screen when the ship is in battle. I went over the image several times, but all it takes is one errant pixel. It's also possible for the rigging to cause issues, so I may need to eliminate it from the shil image.

The .bmp file is also attached as a .zip.

Edit: added shil, improved highlighting on superstructure/turrets, updated attachment
Attachments
A140_J-1.zip
(32.5 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

Just in case the rigging causes issues with the original shil:

.bmp file also attached as .zip
Attachments
A140_J1_shil_alt.zip
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

The Hiraga:

.bmp files attached as .zip
Attachments
hiraga.zip
(30.78 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Holy smokes, those are great Korvar! Thanks so much! [&o]
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

A brief update here since it's as good a place as any - Korvar's art works and is great, obviously. I'm restarting my work on this scenario based on DaBigBabes with extended map because my potential opponents love logistics, and the new map, asian roads and stacking limits look great.

The changes aren't as wild as Iron Storm was/is - no completely new IJN, just a few more toys, an extra Taiho, that sort of thing. But the Dutch and Brits are buffed significantly (Hurricanes and Fokkers supplementing Brewster Buffalos, etc). It's also going to be based on the Dec 8 start so we can avoid gamey moves with the Kido Butai.

More details as I continue work. I'll post an actual thread once I have something I'm willing to share. [:)]
Korvar

Post by Korvar »

I'm glad to hear the art is working for you. [:)]
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

I'm working on this project again after a year's hiatus.. and I need more art, so better to bump than make a new thread. [:)]

Looking for HMS Malta (X-1 design, never built)! Some searching revealed that a couple versions were made years and years ago on this forum but only blurry JPEGs remain & the links to .bmps are expired. Anyone have a Malta laying around? I've hacked together a sloppy version.

Attachments
malta.jpg
malta.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

I tweaked my art enough that it suits me, but if anyone wants the BMPs, pm me :)
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Korvar. Would like to add your 140 to my new mod if I may , not sure it can be built but its nice to have it even on the shelf...

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”