Super rivers and retreat

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Icedawg

Super rivers and retreat

Post by Icedawg »

Do super rivers block retreat? I tried the search function in the manual, but didn't find anything. I would assume super rivers do block retreat (unless the retreating unit has ferry bridging teams attached), but I just wanted to be sure before I run the next round of combats.
btd64

RE: Super rivers and retreat

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Do super rivers block retreat? I tried the search function in the manual, but didn't find anything. I would assume super rivers do block retreat (unless the retreating unit has ferry bridging teams attached), but I just wanted to be sure before I run the next round of combats.

Yes. Super rivers block retreat unless the unit has it's own bridging/ferry equipment.

Haven't seen you in the AE forum lately....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Thanks for the help. It just would have been nice if the manual could have spelled that one out.

Yes, I have been away from the Matrix forums for awhile. I used to play a lot of WiTP AE, but my PBEM opponent passed away midway through the game, and I never really got back into it. Played a bunch of relatively mindless games for a bit (Civilization, Panzer Corps and Total War) before jumping into TOAW4. I got whiplash going from those games to this. Actually have to think and plan again. [:)]
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I remember someone passing about a year ago. Was that him? What side do you typically play?....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

My opponent was Bill Greenman (Khyberbill). It was about 2 or 3 years ago that he passed away.

I usually play as Japan in WiTP AE.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”