conflicting number of Ha-31's on two dialogs

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

larryfulkerson

conflicting number of Ha-31's on two dialogs

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm finding something strange and I'm wondering how to fix it. According to the Aircraft and Engines Production dialog the number of Ha-31's being produced each turn is 45(0) but the Industry dialog, Engines Tab, says production is turned off. Which is right? Is this a symptom of my game as a whole, I mean are there other problems that I don't know about yet.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (239.19 KiB) Viewed 426 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
geofflambert

RE: conflicting number of Ha-31's on two dialogs

Post by geofflambert »

Production is turned off. The factory capacity is 45 per month. Turn the factory on and you will produce 1 1/2 engines per day on average. That "NO" is a switch. Click on it and it becomes "YES".

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Production is turned off. The factory capacity is 45 per month. Turn the factory on and you will produce 1 1/2 engines per day on average.
Sounds right to me. But what should I do about the discrepancy? Is there a way to fix that?
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Production is turned off. The factory capacity is 45 per month. Turn the factory on and you will produce 1 1/2 engines per day on average.
Sounds right to me. But what should I do about the discrepancy? Is there a way to fix that?

Check my edit.

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Yes, yes, I know about the "NO" label and how to turn it on. I don't want to turn it on...I'm complaining about the numbers
being different on the two dialogs. And I need another whiskey sour.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The numbers aren't different. The one dialog shows the factory capacity, not whether the factory is running or not. Except that it does. The "0" in the produced this day means the factory is idle. It's a little early for whiskey sours. Perhaps that's your real problem. [:-]

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The one dialog shows the factory capacity, not whether the factory is running or not. Except that it does.
Is there somebody else I can talk to?
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

You really have to go to the industry management screen from time to time. For instance, if you have two factories making the same thing, say 30 per month each, and one is idle the inquiry screen will show 1 made not 2. What the industry management screen lacks is the size of your pool, so you can't make decisions there as to whether it's time to idle a factory or turn one on, you have to use the inquiry screen for that.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The one dialog shows the factory capacity, not whether the factory is running or not. Except that it does.

I know, I keep forgetting to speak English instead of Gorn.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I know, I keep forgetting to speak English instead of Gorn.
Even with production turned on, there can be failed production from lack of supply/Manpower/HI points etc. as applicable. That might be local at one base rather than across the board for that industry.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

"rate" in the first picture actually is not rate of produciton, but repaired industry units (and damaged in brackets), so it is "potential rate".
You have 45 of those, so it's all fine. I think that those numbers will not change when you flip production on/off and run the turn
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

"rate" in the first picture actually is not rate of produciton, but repaired industry units
Ah so.....thanks. Now it makes sense.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Has the Ha-31 production been set to off for the entire month? If so, why does "production this month" shows 20 engines having been produced?

I noticed this in my current PBEM - I have a "Production this month" for engines I don't even have factories for!

See Aichi Ha-60 and Ha-5 engines in the screenshot below.

Also noticed a lot of factories with "production this month" showing higher production figures than the monthly rate. Overtime for the Emperor!

Attachments
production_mysteries.jpg
production_mysteries.jpg (139.02 KiB) Viewed 426 times
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Not sure if relevant in this case, but when squadrons with entirely new aircraft are scheduled to appear, they appear, even though you have no factories to produce them because they haven't completed R and D.

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I noticed this in my current PBEM - I have a "Production this month" for engines I don't even have factories for!

I've had this happen as well. It appears that the last number in the column when the factories are removed just gets 'stuck' in that column. As opposed to getting reset at the start of the next month.

I chalk it up as no biggie.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Also noticed a lot of factories with "production this month" showing higher production figures than the monthly rate.

I've had this too, but some of your numbers seem grossly overstated. No idea why.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “Tech Support”