Converting Customized Campaigns v1.15 -> v1.16

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hubert Cater

Converting Customized Campaigns v1.15 -> v1.16

Post by Hubert Cater »

Previous customized campaigns will unfortunately not be compatible under v1.16. But we've included a handy tool to automate the conversion process for you, by using the following steps.

1) First, ensure your pre version 1.16 custom campaigns are located in your USER folder for the game. Note, using a campaign for this process where you've attempted to export from v1.15 or earlier, and then import to v1.16 and save after that will not work. The custom campaign has to be one from before v1.16.

Your USER folder can be typically found here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\Campaigns

2) Navigate to your installation folder for the game, and within the subfolder Extras, there is a 'Campaign Conversion' folder that contains the CampaignConverstionTool.exe file. We suggest reading the 'Campaign Conversion Tool README.pdf' prior to using this tool.

3) Launch the Campaign Conversion Tool, and open your customized campaign from within the USER Campaigns folder and run the conversion process. If successful, the tool will say as much.

4) Launch the v1.16 Editor and open your customized campaign. Re-compile any scripts as necessary and re-save the campaign.

5) Launch the Game and you should be able to now access your customized campaign under v1.16

Hope this helps,
Hubert

NOTE: This does not need to be applied to the Community Pack campaigns as these will have been updated already and just need to be re-downloaded and applied via the new Community Pack package found here.
Hairog

RE: Converting Customized Campaigns v1.15 -> v1.16

Post by Hairog »

Hopefully there is an easy fix for my challenge. I have a mod that I spent a lot of time on. I put it aside to work on the Naval Mod for SC3WW. I wanted to get back at it and tried to convert it. The converter said that it was successful, but get this error when I try and open it in the Editor for 1.16.

Attachments
1.6ConversionErro.jpg
1.6ConversionErro.jpg (13.38 KiB) Viewed 270 times
WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Thanks for the report and there is a fix on the way. The Campaign Conversion Tool is doing the proper conversion, there was just a setting I overlooked/changed with the v1.16 Editor that will sort this out in a hotfix in the next few days.

Once the hotfix is ready, all you'll need to do is re-open the converted campaign in the updated v1.16.01 Editor and it should open fine. After that a save within the new Editor and it should be good to go.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Hubert
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Thanks Hubert, you're the best!
WW III 1946 Books
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

ORIGINAL: Hairog

Hopefully there is an easy fix for my challenge. I have a mod that I spent a lot of time on. I put it aside to work on the Naval Mod for SC3WW. I wanted to get back at it and tried to convert it. The converter said that it was successful, but get this error when I try and open it in the Editor for 1.16.

That’s the exact same error I get on every one of my user scenarios!
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

The new hotfix has been posted, could you confirm that this now resolves the issue for you?

tm.asp?m=4629122
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

I got it to work, converted 653N campaign to v1.16.01 without any issues and now it shows on the games available.
Another thing is if any errors may show up while playing, but that's another story.

Good job Hubert [8D]
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Great to hear [:)]
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

Still having lots of trouble with the graphics. The game keeps switching all over the place even grabbing graphics that I haven't used in over a year and are not even on my computer anymore. How does it find these old files?? Is there a cache somewhere? Finally got it working by gradually modifying Iron X's mod then all of a sudden it went and switched again. Walked away in frustration.

Came back to it today, because I'm a glutton for punishment and it's all good!?!?!?! I only hope the scripts don't do the same thing.
WW III 1946 Books
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

There is no cache, the game loads graphics in the following priority order:

- customized graphics within the campaign subfolder
- mod graphics from the MOD folder

My guess is you either have a MOD graphics package enabled that needs to be turned off, or some residual customized graphics in the campaign subfolder?

Hairog

Post by Hairog »

I guess I'm not reading your order right, otherwise mod or custom graphics would never load. Anyway, I'll look again, but there are no residual graphics and certainly not ones from over a year ago.
WW III 1946 Books
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Yes, sorry, meant to say in the following logical order from top to bottom of the list
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

I figured. Things seem to be going well now graphics wise. Getting into some scripts now.

Thanks Hubert
WW III 1946 Books

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”