Possible bug: overbuilding

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
Technopiper

Possible bug: overbuilding

Post by Technopiper »

As shown here I was able to overbuild Dupont's division. An obvious solution is not to do it. I was just clicking away at any available replacement without paying attention. Haven't notice this bug with other divisions.

Attachments
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg (145.43 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Rasputitsa

RE: Possible bug: overbuilding

Post by Rasputitsa »

I don't know the full situation, but if you have had stragglers, or wounded, and then added replacements to the weakened unit, then stragglers, or wounded, can return to the unit and cause an overbuild.

The game does not seem to have a control over the size of units and the strength indication (10) in your example is only advisory and you can overbuild if you choose. It is useful to wait before allocating replacements to see if stragglers, or wounded, will return to the unit, before wasting replacements on a unit which may not need them.

I had an infantry unit fleeing from the battle area, shedding stragglers all the way, eventually getting down to strength 1, but after being attached to the Army Commander was restored to nearly full strength, without replacements.

It's another decision path, how far is the unit from the hospital to regain wounded, how far has it marched after losing stragglers, will they be able to rejoin, are there any enemy units in the way .......?
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Technopiper

RE: Possible bug: overbuilding

Post by Technopiper »

Those are some vital information, thanks. I vaguely remember adding replacement beyond their original strength.

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”