Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Video Card Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Video Card Problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Video Card Problem - 4/20/2019 1:51:14 AM   
BeirutDude

I bought this game with the Easter sale and first impression is I would like my money back! First won't start off the auto play menu, but did get it to start off the EXE file. Then window size is an issue were to get it to run I have to choose the smallest window, then when I do get into it, it flickers, and I guess the elevation indicator, in red, is just repeating all over the place. Right now glad I didn't pay full price, buyer's remorse!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 2:53:41 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 9:25:59 AM   
Lowlaner2012

Weird.... It ran brilliantly for me, I don't think I have had one crash or issue...

Im sure the devs will help you out, stick with it, this game is great and has tonnes of potential, it has a campaign generator and DLC pack coming out in the near future...

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 10:19:29 AM   
nikolas93TS

Is your graphic card driver up to date? It is something on part of your computer, so we need to identify it in order to solve the compatibility issue.

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 3
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 10:26:06 AM   
zakblood

did you install the game as run as admin, and update it the same way?

as without on most modern O/S you may on some hardware have some issues, as depends on what you have running in the background, with items which comes with M/S being good and working, and other items from elsewhere, eg 3rd parties being hit and miss, upload report and then at least we know what you have, and how to offer mor advice, as done correctly it works out of the box i'm sorry to say

ow to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post as it's a Txt file which is then permitted to attach to the forum.

my tips and guides for reference

these are my help tips for windows 10, quite common ones and will work for all

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4454024

and also a guide if your using Nvidia as hardware

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4491486

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 4
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 1:59:07 PM   
BeirutDude

I'm always Admin as I am the only user.

Click on "Start??????" Sorry, I'm not following what you want me to do?

On Autoplay I have a "Play Game" option but that just takes me into the game, which by the way will now open in a small window since I reset it to a lower resolution with the AB executable file.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 2:01:25 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:02:23 PM   
zakblood

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/4-ways-to-open-directx-diagnostic-tool-in-windows-10.html

sorry my bad, for the late reply, here's another way of doing the same thing as above with 4 different options, all will do the same thing as asked above in the link

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 6
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:04:20 PM   
zakblood

all the links in the support forum on the same issues, have the same reply and information

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4596660

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4554998

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4554324

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 7
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:05:04 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/4-ways-to-open-directx-diagnostic-tool-in-windows-10.html

Thanks, Will give it a try right now. Stand by. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:05:30 PM   
zakblood

but if you can post a report, it just gives me or others more information to go on, on your system, so can alter the reply and better chance of getting a more correct first or 2nd time answer, so quicker etc

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:08:48 PM   
BeirutDude

Oh Windows 10 Diagnostic Tool? So maybe it's my bad? Does the game not run in Windows 7? I guess I should have more closely reviewed the hardware requirements!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 2:15:58 PM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 10
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:18:08 PM   
zakblood

game works fine with windows 7

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 11
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:19:47 PM   
zakblood

like i said, i have no idea on what system your on, as while you know your system i don't, so can't advice on something i don't know, windows 7 should work out of the box / install, but on yours it doesn't, so without more information, it's hard to say why, so i'm guessing all the time, so it's a merry go round atm for both

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:22:36 PM   
BeirutDude

OK, I'm trying to figure out how to check Directx on my system but coming up blank, but I know I have it I run about 10 Matrix games including Command. But when I search, nada?????

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 13
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:24:14 PM   
zakblood

ow to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 7 or 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 14
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:26:07 PM   
zakblood

been that long since i was on 7 had to do a search to find it tbh, but kind of surprised also as your the first who didn't know how to find the start bar either or run box etc, but that's my fault not yours so sorry for the delay, i'm getting old and forgetful and just think (assumes) everyone knows, so my bad

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 15
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:30:57 PM   
BeirutDude

OK, think I have it, PM'ed it to you.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 2:36:27 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 16
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:39:55 PM   
zakblood

thanks looking now

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 17
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:42:05 PM   
BeirutDude

Based on this conversation, maybe I'm not smart enough for this game!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 18
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:46:12 PM   
zakblood

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190320-1700)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5982MB RAM

system DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Display Memory: 1760 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

https://www.lifewire.com/latest-windows-service-packs-updates-2624595

are you on the latest build and update?

no video card drivers loaded, meaning onboard is your only one?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 19
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:48:00 PM   
BeirutDude

I think this might help? The game will display in 1366 x 768 resolution BUT if I try to do Desktop Size it crashes.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 20
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:49:32 PM   
zakblood

Product Requirements :
CPU: 1 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card with 512 MB VRAM (game req asks for video ram, not shared base memory) while not saying it won't work, it will be slow and could crash or cause any number of other issues, thats even if it supports openGL 2.0 tbh)
Sound: Compatible sound card
DVD-ROM: Yes, for boxed version

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 21
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:50:45 PM   
zakblood

you are below the minimum spec for the game as it is, asking more from your system is maybe asking too much,

more ram may help

a video card would help

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 22
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:50:45 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

are you on the latest build and update?

no video card drivers loaded, meaning onboard is your only one?

Yes to the first

It is the way I bought it, so nothing was added. Sorry I'm not a techno geek so I may not be able to answer a lot of this. but it's just a stock machine.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 23
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:52:06 PM   
BeirutDude

quote:

you are below the minimum spec for the game as it is, asking more from your system is maybe asking too much,

more ram may help

a video card would help

OK, so my bad. Thanks for the help. Edited the thread description to be not so rude! Was frustrated last night.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 2:57:23 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 24
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:55:08 PM   
zakblood

updating the O/S and making it the latest patch version won't make the game work any better i'm sorry to say, as the game needs a bare minimum to work and run, your's at is it, is below that, so it's hits and miss if it will work at all and for long, using a smaller res uses less video memory, using more, uses more and causes your system to crash or the game, not a lot i can do apart from advice you to update either memory first, as that's the cheaper option and if that doesn't work buy a video card, but the age of the system may make that harder than it sounds and also not cost effective either, as a cheap card would need to fit in a slot of a given type and most aren't made to work with systems as old as yours, so without going inside and seeing, you need to take it to a shop and ask, but be prepared for a no, can't be done, or change the whole pc answer i'm sorry to say

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 25
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:57:08 PM   
BeirutDude

This does pose a question, if I screwed up and my machine doesn't have the capabilities am I out the money or will Matrix refund it or give a credit?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 26
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 2:57:29 PM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

quote:

more ram may help

a video card would help

OK, so my bad. Thanks for the help. Edited the thread description to be not so rude! Was frustrated last night. It does pose a question, if I screwed up and my machine doesn't have the capabilities am I out the money or will Matrix refund it?

sorry it wasn't the answer you may have liked and sorry it took so long and most older games should work fine, but some won't so be careful and ask before you buy and you will get advice based on your report what will or could work, good luck

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 27
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 3:00:20 PM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

quote:

more ram may help

a video card would help

OK, so my bad. Thanks for the help. Edited the thread description to be not so rude! Was frustrated last night.

don't worry about being rude, i didn't see it or read it, or understand it if you did, i'm just a helper here and tbh while sometimes i live on the forums most of the time i'm testing games, so fully know how it feel to buy something and not get it to work, been doing it long enough to feel for you also, games are like cars and women, you need to spend lots on them to keep either for long, before they complain, moan or stop doing as you'd like

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 28
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 3:02:31 PM   
zakblood

that's not a sexist post either, just 52 years of experience speaking from the heart, so please any lady gamer out there reading this, don't shoot me

love you all long time

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 29
RE: WOW, what a mess! - 4/20/2019 3:19:01 PM   
BeirutDude

I'm not touching that one with a 10 Meter Cattle prod, YOUNG MAN (52 and he thinks HE's old! Oy!)!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 4/20/2019 3:20:33 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Video Card Problem Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI