Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/20/2019 12:34:12 AM   
ThunderLizard2

What do people do as Japan in MP after taking Malaya, Burma, DEI, Solomons, New Guinea, Midway, Phillipines, Hong Kong, Guam and Wake?

Is it better to DOW soviets, attack India, Hawaii, Australia or just go on defensive?
Post #: 1
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/20/2019 11:17:11 AM   
eriador08

Depends on overall situation. Knocking china out can be worth it. If i remember correct around 1000 MMPs plunder. I also managed to overrun India some times.
Attacking Soviets is worth it. Better to push them back than to wait till they are ready. It also costs the Soviets some nice chunck of MMPs.
I never tried Australia.

(in reply to ThunderLizard2)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/20/2019 2:26:22 PM   
ThunderLizard2

quote:

ORIGINAL: eriador08

Depends on overall situation. Knocking china out can be worth it. If i remember correct around 1000 MMPs plunder. I also managed to overrun India some times.
Attacking Soviets is worth it. Better to push them back than to wait till they are ready. It also costs the Soviets some nice chunck of MMPs.
I never tried Australia.

China just seems like a MMP sink. Soviets may make sense to aid the Germans on the Eastern front. How easy was taking down India?

< Message edited by ThunderLizard2 -- 4/20/2019 3:58:55 PM >

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/20/2019 7:29:09 PM   
eriador08

If you want to go this route, then you have to go all in in china from the start. I only invaded india after i at least beat china to the point that they cant harm again. Then i split forces for russia and india. I went through burma with two HQs and landed in southern india for support. Supply and mobility is an issue there. So mobility tech helps. Also go with heavy air force. I did not bother with tanks or artillery. Bombers give you enough punching power. Soviets should go rather easy for they should be invested in eastern europe.

As a drawback i did not have many naval assets and had to go patient in the pacific. Invaded the key locations and draw a defensive line.

But after all the question is always what the enemy does.

Post #: 4
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/22/2019 3:26:00 PM   
Xenocide

The war is won on the Eastern Front. In MP I tend to attack the Soviets to assist the Germans if at all possible with a balance of holding on to your other holdings to avoid morale losses. It adds up quick if the US starts an island hopping campaign. Another factor to consider is that it is relatively easy for the US to land directly on Japan from Hawaii or the West Coast if their Amphib Tech is good. Put some units in the Home Islands.

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 5
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/24/2019 12:16:59 AM   
ThunderLizard2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenocide

The war is won on the Eastern Front. In MP I tend to attack the Soviets to assist the Germans if at all possible with a balance of holding on to your other holdings to avoid morale losses. It adds up quick if the US starts an island hopping campaign. Another factor to consider is that it is relatively easy for the US to land directly on Japan from Hawaii or the West Coast if their Amphib Tech is good. Put some units in the Home Islands.

Yeah had this happen. A bit unrealistic so something with supply modeling is not quite right.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/24/2019 3:48:34 PM   
Xenocide

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

quote:

Yeah had this happen. A bit unrealistic so something with supply modeling is not quite right.

Yeah, the ability for captured ports and cities to give supply no matter where they are is a bit odd but it would be hard to regulate and there is no proviso for fleets to block supply outside of dealing with ports directly. I think the solution is to just keep the home islands stocked and you will be fine.

The island hopping campaign is still in many ways ideal as all those National Morale captures hit Japanese ability to defend the Home islands.

Post #: 7
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/25/2019 1:31:16 AM   
ThunderLizard2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, the ability for captured ports and cities to give supply no matter where they are is a bit odd but it would be hard to regulate and there is no proviso for fleets to block supply outside of dealing with ports directly. I think the solution is to just keep the home islands stocked and you will be fine.

The island hopping campaign is still in many ways ideal as all those National Morale captures hit Japanese ability to defend the Home islands.

The issue I have with Japan is I max out garrisons available including the extra from nanjing. Then I have to cover the rest with corps that are too expensive.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 8
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/25/2019 2:39:14 PM   
Xenocide

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The issue I have with Japan is I max out garrisons available including the extra from nanjing. Then I have to cover the rest with corps that are too expensive.

Where are they all going? Are you trying to cover every partisan spot in China? I would recommend just covering the ones that can spawn units.

< Message edited by Xenocide -- 4/29/2019 3:09:57 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP - 4/27/2019 5:22:36 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Forget all the ground game options, islands, and possible attacks on Australia/India/Russia. Japan needs to win a Battle at Sea, to make a difference.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan Strategy Stage 2 - MP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI