Mines?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

wodin

Mines?

Post by wodin »

Apart from running over them and taking casualties is there anyway to spot them first?
CapnDarwin

RE: Mines?

Post by CapnDarwin »

I believe recon units might be able to spot adjacent mine fields, but I would have to verify that. I know they can spot NBC effects at one hex.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
mirrorshades

Post by mirrorshades »

I have dropped mines on a road in a hex adjacent to an enemy (don't believe it was recon, but I'm not 100% sure). They were very clearly moving down the road, but the next movement that unit took was off the road and basically around the minefield. Perhaps if they have LOS on the hex when the mines are deployed, they are immediately visible?
WildCatNL

Post by WildCatNL »

FCRS uses the same icon for emplaced minefields (placed prior to scenario start, and not spotted until bumped upon) and for scattered minefields (artillery delivered FASCAM, delivered during the scenario, and spotted by all upon delivery).

In Southern Storm, we'll be adding a bit more depth to this, and we'll use separate icons for emplaced minefields and scattered minefields.

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
StuccoFresco

Post by StuccoFresco »

I vaguely remember that sometimes recon units can spot a minefield before running into it.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”