Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting back into WITP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Getting back into WITP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting back into WITP - 4/17/2019 6:21:46 PM   
ool

Been absent 6+ years and just getting back into this game. Lots has changed to be sure.

I remember that someone put together a chart showing port sizes and maximum ship sizes that it can handle. Anyone have a link to that or similar useful charts?

Also was watching a you tube series and the commentator said early on US carriers suffer a penalty if the carrier TF's have more than one carrier per TF. Have searched but can find no reference to this on the forum. Can someone enlighten me as to this aspect?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Post #: 1
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/17/2019 7:24:30 PM   
BBfanboy

I don't mind digging up info for people who have made some effort of their own to find it and had no luck. The answers to both your questions are in the manual, and should not be very hard to find. Have you tried looking through it? It is worth getting to know it because you will have a lot of questions about such details that can be answered there.
If you have tried the manual already let me know and I will point you to the right section.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/17/2019 7:39:53 PM   
btd64

See sections 6.3 and 7.2.1.11 for your answers....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DW Series-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/17/2019 7:46:30 PM   
Anachro

The coordination of air strikes is affected by how many Carrier aircraft are based in the TF launching a strike. The chance of uncoordination is doubled under the following circumstances:

1. Allied TF in 1942 and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 100 + rnd (100).
2. Allied TF in 1943 and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 150 + rnd (150).
3. Allied TF in 1944 or later or a Japanese TF at any time and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 200 + rnd (200).

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/17/2019 8:24:30 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anachro

The coordination of air strikes is affected by how many Carrier aircraft are based in the TF launching a strike. The chance of uncoordination is doubled under the following circumstances:

1. Allied TF in 1942 and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 100 + rnd (100).
2. Allied TF in 1943 and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 150 + rnd (150).
3. Allied TF in 1944 or later or a Japanese TF at any time and the number of aircraft in the TF is greater than 200 + rnd (200).

The chance must be really small to begin with as there is no discernible effect from exceeding those values.

In '45 I consolidated my Fleet Carrier TFs to carry a minimum of 4 fleet CVs and 2 CVLs. The lead TF is currently sporting 6 CVs and 2 CVLs. My four, or is it five now, Fleet Carrier TFs operate together as a Death Star along with 6-7 CVE TFs each sporting 8 CVEs.

Death Star raids on HI bases fly coordinated strikes of over 800 bombers four times out of five.

Hans

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/19/2019 2:03:44 PM   
ool

I'm looking at 1942 and putting four carriers together to launch hit and run strikes on Jap bases.

This lack of coordination would seem to reduce their striking power quite a bit. Would appreciate your opinion on this type of US TF setup for 1942.

Thanks

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting back into WITP - 4/19/2019 3:06:42 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool

I'm looking at 1942 and putting four carriers together to launch hit and run strikes on Jap bases.

This lack of coordination would seem to reduce their striking power quite a bit. Would appreciate your opinion on this type of US TF setup for 1942.

Thanks

I use two CV TFs in 42, expanding them to 3 in 43 and 4-6 in 44-45. I also add in CVLs at a rate of 1-2 per TF when they become available.

A four carrier raid in 42 would consist of 2 TFs with 2 CVs each operating in tandem as a Death Star.

Hans

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Getting back into WITP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI