Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In flight refueling equipment flag

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> In flight refueling equipment flag Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/17/2019 6:01:08 AM   
cathar1244

quote:

§§ In-Flight-Refueling Equipment: The equipment is an aircraft that can extend its range via in-flight-refueling. -- Game manual

Anyone know how big the range boost is? Is there a decline in combat effectiveness of the air unit when it operates at extended range?

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/17/2019 12:11:29 PM   
josant

The range of the air refueling is set in the "Force Air Refueling Range Multiplier" menu in the force editor. Aircrafts with inflight refueling capability will have their ranges multiplied by this amount. This value can range from one to ten.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 2
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/17/2019 2:44:01 PM   
mussey

Josant, thanks for the tip. In the same menu there is an option to alter Precision Guided Weapons from 1-999. Do you know how this works? I assume it is for aircraft only? Not sure how this affects combat.

Thanks!

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to cathar1244)
Post #: 3
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/17/2019 4:05:10 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey
In the same menu there is an option to alter Precision Guided Weapons from 1-999. Do you know how this works?

From page 44 of the manual:
"Force Precision Guided Weapons Level
(1-999%) – Systems with precision guided weapons capabilities (set in the equipment list – mostly aircraft) have their Anti-Air, Anti-Armor, and Bombardment Strengths multiplied by the following:100% + Force Guided Weapons Level %

If you set this value to the maximum value of 999%, these systems will have their strengths multiplied by almost 11 times. This characteristic is visible only in the Editor or the Expanded Situation Report."

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 4
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/17/2019 4:21:56 PM   
josant

quote:

ORIGINAL: mussey

Josant, thanks for the tip. In the same menu there is an option to alter Precision Guided Weapons from 1-999. Do you know how this works? I assume it is for aircraft only? Not sure how this affects combat.

Thanks!

The manual says that systems with precision guided weapons capabilities have their Anti-Air, Anti-Armor, and Bombardment Strengths multiplied by this factor, for example If you set this value to the maximum value of 999%, these systems will have their strengths multiplied by almost 11 times.

I am not sure that this is only for aircrafts, I made this 2 tests:

- 100 T-55 vs 100 M1A1 (I modified the T-55 with targeting++++) in this case the M1A1s destroys the T-55s with a result of 76 T55 destroyed and 10 M1A1 destroyed

- The same 100 T-55 (but with the precision guided weapons flag checked and the force precision guided weapons set in 999%) vs 100 M1A1s, in this case the result is 30 T-55 destroyed and 20 M1A1 destroyed, so I think that the precision guided weapons has an effect in anti-armor combat.

You can do more tests to check it.

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 5
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/18/2019 2:41:37 AM   
mussey

76mm & Josant, so a strength multiplier, thanks for a very clear explanation. My compliments to both of you.

Col. Mussbu

The long arm of the law - "The King of Battle"

(in reply to josant)
Post #: 6
RE: In flight refueling equipment flag - 4/18/2019 6:55:18 AM   
cathar1244

Thanks Gentlemen, for the very clear and concise explanations.

Cheers!

(in reply to mussey)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> In flight refueling equipment flag Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI