Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to spot enemy planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> The War Room >> How to spot enemy planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to spot enemy planes - 4/1/2019 3:12:32 PM   
AngrySwan

There is an American training film from 1944 - five American flyers are captured and a German intelligence officer, major von Boehm, obtains information on their unit, using quite clever methods, and is able to advise his commanders on the American plans.

In this game there are some simple techniques you can use that will help you to make some guesses on where the enemy planes are.
If you need to see where exactly the enemy plane is on the map, you can plan your route through the area where the enemy is likely to be (you saw him flying that way). Of course if he used his other action point to change the course, then this method will not work. But if you did not, plan your route and, if you suddenly get a curve in the line, that is the place where he is.
This works in Lwow scenario if you did not get both Soviet planes in the second move. I also used this method to spot enemy planes in Epic Wjasma scenario.
Post #: 1
RE: How to spot enemy planes - 4/1/2019 3:44:06 PM   
terminator

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan

There is an American training film from 1944 - five American flyers are captured and a German intelligence officer, major von Boehm, obtains information on their unit, using quite clever methods, and is able to advise his commanders on the American plans.

In this game there are some simple techniques you can use that will help you to make some guesses on where the enemy planes are.
If you need to see where exactly the enemy plane is on the map, you can plan your route through the area where the enemy is likely to be (you saw him flying that way). Of course if he used his other action point to change the course, then this method will not work. But if you did not, plan your route and, if you suddenly get a curve in the line, that is the place where he is.
This works in Lwow scenario if you did not get both Soviet planes in the second move. I also used this method to spot enemy planes in Epic Wjasma scenario.

I don’t quite understand what you mean (a screenshot always helps to understand) but I think the bug with the Ai that ignores the fow for the planes still exists : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3607554

< Message edited by terminator -- 4/1/2019 3:49:53 PM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 2
RE: How to spot enemy planes - 4/17/2019 1:23:35 PM   
AngrySwan

Hi terminator,

This is a save game from Lwow, the beginning of third move.

The remaining Soviet plane is hiding in the next row to the right after Lwow. If you try to plan your route down that row, you cannot fly straight so you may guess a plane is there.
(I will also post some screenshots.)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 4/17/2019 1:59:22 PM >

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 3
RE: How to spot enemy planes - 4/17/2019 1:30:38 PM   
AngrySwan

When I try to plan the route of my fighter all the way down the column I have reached, I cannot make it, the program always gives me another route
(in the next post, because of the limit 1 picture per post)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 4/17/2019 1:31:23 PM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 4
RE: How to spot enemy planes - 4/17/2019 1:48:34 PM   
AngrySwan

Instead of going right down, the line curves like this...
... Why? Is an enemy plane hidden there?

(Major von Boehm on the phone:
- Jagdgeschwader 3 ''Udet''? Generalmajor Lutzow! I have located the Soviet airbase! It is North East from Lwow,the exact position is...)

This can sometimes work on smaller maps if you know the area where the plane may be.
In the Estonian scenario, if you do not capture the Soviet airfield on time, or if you are not extremely lucky taking out the first three Soviet fighters, you are in deep trouble when the fourth one comes, you are out of ammo by then.

What to do?
Hide your fighters away from the frontline.
Wait for the enemy fighters ti attack your ground forces and when the enemy fighters are weakened in the fight, attack them with your fighters.
Do not keep your fighters in one place all the time. Move them around the map. Use action point 1 to fly in one direction and then change the course with action point 2.
Do not keep your planes close to an object that will interest the enemy, like a city.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 4/17/2019 1:50:32 PM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 5
RE: How to spot enemy planes - 4/17/2019 10:25:16 PM   
terminator

It is very similar to my "pathfinding bug" thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4233752

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terminator -- 4/17/2019 10:27:03 PM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> The War Room >> How to spot enemy planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI