Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports - 3/25/2019 12:11:32 PM   
ocharni

So I'm looking for some advice for the following situation:

It's Spring 1945, so far I have the Allies contained in Central Italy as well as normandy.
In Normandy they are pretty much stuck in 2 big pockets on the peninsula.

Now I've been trying to clear the smaller of the 2 pockets for months, got a couple of Inf divisions, one Airborne and one Armor Division ... I always get close but never manage to make anyone retreat or route.
so going for their supply would be a logical way to go but it seems that neither naval strikes nor bombings of the temporary ports makes any difference. They sit in good supply with the Amphibious TF sitting offshore.

It's a deadlock, they cant push me back and I cant clear the pockets.

Just wondering how you would break that kind of deadlock ... I rotate Divs around and attack and attack but it's never enough and even tough I'm gonna win the scenario even my front completely crumbles i'd like to tackle this before time runs out.
Post #: 1
RE: Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports - 3/25/2019 12:31:32 PM   
Searry

If the luftwaffe still has it's bombers try bombing the units in a massive air campaign, bring lots of engineering and arty support and more tanks.

(in reply to ocharni)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI