Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam - 3/16/2019 3:09:46 PM   
PvtBenjamin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

sorry to be a pain.

You are not the pain ... steam is the pain

I would prefer to buy directly from Matrix/Slitherine to support development but have had some bad experiences purchasing Matrix Games and SC on Battlefront. I like the automatic update on Steam but certainly would buy on Matrix get a code and install on Steam.

My issues were a while ago so if someone could update me on current Matrix policies I would appreciate it.

1) Due to a computer glitch I bought the same title twice within a 5 minute span on Matrix (same name,credit card email -billed twice). When I contacted Matrix I was told in no uncertain terms to stuff it they don't give refunds.

Can I get a refund if I buy a game on Matrix if it is within a reasonable amount of time?

2) In know this isn't a Matrix issue but SC used to be on Battlefront. My recollection is Battlefront had a policy that you could only download the game for a year. I bought new computers and had to wipe my PC clean due to viruses so I ended up buying 3-4 SC titles 3 times from Battlefront.

If I buy a game on Matrix will I have ever have to buy it again, does my ownership expire?

I have truly enjoyed multiple Matrix titles over the years and would like to be as supportive as possible but these are my issues.

ty

Post #: 1
RE: Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam - 3/16/2019 3:26:53 PM   
budd

As far as I'm aware it's 'no' to both questions. Although I'm surprised they didn't help you out with the double purchase, I would expect them to in that case, like at least store credit if no refund. As to the other question, as long as the game is registered to your account your good to go. I've downloaded games 10 years after purchase with no problem. Basically any time I've had an issue Matrix has done right by me over the years.

< Message edited by budd -- 3/16/2019 3:27:51 PM >

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 2
RE: Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam - 3/16/2019 3:48:47 PM   
rwenstrup

Having the serial number for direct installation and the Steam serial number always seemed the best to me ... and that is how I do it.

I've also had problems with Matrix support. They had a glitch in their system and identified me as a problem. Despite numerous attempts to fix my credit card access they have refused to fix the problem. They have lacked any sense of grace in dealing with me. I have found this very surprising since I was one of the original customers for Matrix and have purchased a ton of games from them. I used to have a lot of friendly communications with management over many years, and am very disappointed with the people I have dealt with in recent times.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 3
RE: Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam - 3/16/2019 6:03:45 PM   
PvtBenjamin

rwenstrup - east side or west side?

Thank you Budd very helpful

I should point out that my overall experience with Matrix has been very positive.

I'm just comparing the two buying experiences (that I would prefer to do with Matrix).

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Buying on Matrix/Slitherine vs Steam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI