Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Commanders (HQ) and Events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Commanders (HQ) and Events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Commanders (HQ) and Events - 3/9/2019 4:11:28 PM   
rob89

Hi all,

What happens to an event ('Units Event') that contains an HQ (and the related Commander) if the same Commander has already been assigned to another HQ (example: Rommel, Graziani, etc.)?

And what happens to Commanders

I ask this because in my last game I found 2 Rommel on the map ...

And what happens to Commanders (not present in the OOB of the scenario, ex. Stilwell, if I'm not wrong) but expected by an event? What rating do they take?

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Commanders (HQ) and Events - 3/11/2019 3:35:43 PM   
Robert24

quote:

What happens to an event ('Units Event') that contains an HQ (and the related Commander) if the same Commander
has already been assigned to another HQ (example: Rommel, Graziani, etc.)?... And what happens to Commanders

-Nothing. All else being written correctly into the script you'll end up with two units with the same name.
I think this can also occur when you are in the editor; one can place two units on a map with the same name.

quote:

And what happens to Commanders (not present in the OOB of the scenario, ex. Stilwell, if I'm not
wrong) but expected by an event? What rating do they take?

- That has always been a question of mine, but I never put the time into deciphering that one - what does the manual say?

Robert

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 2
RE: Commanders (HQ) and Events - 3/11/2019 4:38:32 PM   
rob89

quote:

-Nothing. All else being written correctly into the script you'll end up with two units with the same name.
I think this can also occur when you are in the editor; one can place two units on a map with the same name.

In the gameplay it's impossible to rename a unit with the same name of an existing one

quote:

- That has always been a question of mine, but I never put the time into deciphering that one - what does the manual say?

I didn't find about it

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 3
RE: Commanders (HQ) and Events - 3/11/2019 7:51:29 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

What happens to an event ('Units Event') that contains an HQ (and the related Commander) if the same Commander has already been assigned to another HQ (example: Rommel, Graziani, etc.)?

If it has already been assigned then another one from the list should be selected. If you've ended up with let's say two Rommel's on the map then there is a bug as that should not be happening. I'll look into this and correct this if this is the case.

quote:

And what happens to Commanders (not present in the OOB of the scenario, ex. Stilwell, if I'm not wrong) but expected by an event? What rating do they take?

If Stilwell is in the available pool, then the unit event that has Stilwell will take the rating from the available pool.

If it is a Commander name that is not listed in the pool, then the default rating will be 5 for any unlisted Commanders.

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 4
RE: Commanders (HQ) and Events - 3/11/2019 9:14:48 PM   
rob89

thanks

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Commanders (HQ) and Events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI