Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A/C change and experience drop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A/C change and experience drop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A/C change and experience drop - 3/8/2019 9:08:32 AM   
821Bobo

After all this years I still don't know the logic. If you manually change a/c type to different one, the group is hit with 2 points exp loss. This is also in manual. However when I change a/c type in some high exp group many time the drop is like from 95 down 60. The loss seems to be most severe when changing from Soviet provenience a/c to L&L(P-40, Hurricane, etc.)

Any ideas how to manually swap a/c in groups to avoid huge exp loss?
Post #: 1
RE: A/C change and experience drop - 3/8/2019 9:16:47 AM   
Telemecus

Are you changing from an understrength air group - the most common reason for the extra experience drop is that you are not only changing air type but diluting the small cadre of experienced pilots with lots of green pilots?

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 2
RE: A/C change and experience drop - 3/8/2019 10:46:17 AM   
Huw Jones

Sounds logical to me to lose a few points of experience on equipment changes, certainly not 35 though.

< Message edited by Huw Jones -- 3/8/2019 10:47:44 AM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: A/C change and experience drop - 3/8/2019 11:04:18 AM   
821Bobo

According to manual, 2 points loss is mandatory, no problem here.
I am not at home so can't say but Telemecus may have a point here, I never thought about the pilots as you actually don't have pilots listed in WitE

(in reply to Huw Jones)
Post #: 4
RE: A/C change and experience drop - 3/8/2019 11:46:36 AM   
Telemecus

I regularly have air groups with just 3 aircraft left that get to 99 xp, 99 morale precisely because they do not get replacements. The minute they get an upgrade and shoot back up to an air group of 40 aircraft again their scores will typically go down to 80s or even 70s. The two point loss is really for the same size airgroup with an upgrade - if you are bringing new aircraft replacements into an airgroup with high scores (whether or not changing aircraft) the scores for the group as a whole will go down.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 5
RE: A/C change and experience drop - 3/9/2019 4:37:59 AM   
Chris21wen

As well as the number of pilots there's also the problem with flying a/c with a different number of engines, equipment not in the same place etc. Only really good pilots, I don't mean game pilots here, were/are ever capable of just switching a/c willy nilly. Even the likes of 'Winkle' Brown had to familiarise himself with the controls and generally he was not being shot at at the same time.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> A/C change and experience drop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI