Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Monthly report

 
View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Monthly report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Monthly report - 3/5/2019 2:24:04 AM   
PaxMondo


Posts: 8654
Joined: 6/6/2008
Status: offline
Steve?

_____________________________

Pax
Post #: 1
RE: Monthly report - 3/6/2019 12:49:14 AM   
pzgndr

 

Posts: 2506
Joined: 3/18/2004
From: Maryland
Status: offline
Hopefully Steve is having more success with Delphi 10 Berlin than I had with C++Builder. Trying to convert Empires in Arms from CodeGear C++Builder 2007 with AnsiString to Berlin 10 with UnicodeString and other updates was beyond my humble abilities. I got deep enough into it to decide it wasn't worth it and got back to what was working for me, but wasted a few months doing so. Curious to see his next report update, again hopefully with some good news.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 2
RE: Monthly report - 3/6/2019 4:42:31 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

 

Posts: 21458
Joined: 5/19/2005
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Hopefully Steve is having more success with Delphi 10 Berlin than I had with C++Builder. Trying to convert Empires in Arms from CodeGear C++Builder 2007 with AnsiString to Berlin 10 with UnicodeString and other updates was beyond my humble abilities. I got deep enough into it to decide it wasn't worth it and got back to what was working for me, but wasted a few months doing so. Curious to see his next report update, again hopefully with some good news.

I ignored most of the warning about string conversions. That was back in 2015 when I converted to Delphi XE8. Some of them required fixing, but there were also a lot of warnings about the compiler/linker making some 'automatic' conversion assumptions. The dozen of so that still appear every time I do a full build don't seem to matter to how the program executes.

_____________________________

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
RE: Monthly report - 3/6/2019 1:44:42 PM   
pzgndr

 

Posts: 2506
Joined: 3/18/2004
From: Maryland
Status: offline
Good to hear!

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
RE: Monthly report - 3/9/2019 12:16:51 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

 

Posts: 21458
Joined: 5/19/2005
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Good to hear!

The 2 main problems I had to overcome (MWIF now compiles and builds under Delphi 10.3) were:

1 - DPI (dots per inch) is set to Monitor2 - which MWIF doesn't need. Setting DPI to 'none' works the same way as Delphi XE8 does. When the value is Monitor2, all the text shown on the screen is too large. That makes virtually everything about the game unusable.

2 - vcl.SetSizeConstraints now fails if the sole parameter passed to it when it is created is nil. That's because the parameter is used (as FControl) and a nil value generates a fatal Access Violation. I now have the MWIF code pass a TWinControl value based on Owner. If you want more details about this, let me know.

_____________________________

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Monthly report Page: [1]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.102