Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/3/2019 11:13:32 PM   
rkr1958

Ok ... now this one is absolutely driving me crazy! Let me walk you through it.

1. The Free French are giving 1 non-oil RP to the USSR and 1 to the CW. By default the program chooses to send the Kayes, Senegal RP to the USSR and the New Caledonia RP to the CW. I want to swap that.

2. Which I do in the French production screen.

3. I then go to the CW production screen and allocate the Kayes, Senegal RP to Glasgow.

4. I then go over to the Soviet production screen and verify that the New Caldonia RP is flowing to a Soviet factory, which indeed it is.

So, all is well ... right?

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/3/2019 11:16:32 PM   
rkr1958

Wrong ...

5 & 6. I then go back to the CW production screen and allocate the two idle NEI oil to be saved in Batavia

7 & 8. Which, when I do the program decides to undo which traded French RP is being sent where.

Why?

By the way, sometime back I suggested a "lock" feature on resources once you gotten then going where you wanted. So asked what I meant by this ... this is what I meant!

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/3/2019 11:17:13 PM   
rkr1958

game turn

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/3/2019 11:22:38 PM   
rkr1958

Follow-up. I went back with the game file above and (re)swapped the traded French RP's and got things back exactly as I wanted. Then, all I did was to close and then re-open the production screen and my change was undone.

Again, when I asked for a lock feature on production this is exactly what I meant. Production shouldn't changed when the only thing one does is to close and then reopen the production form. This is so frustrating!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/4/2019 3:20:38 AM >

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/4/2019 12:50:12 AM   
Aranthus

This is a long standing problem that affects most of resource trades. The program constantly changes traded resources and routes for no apparent reason. I have not heard that this has been fixed in 3.0.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 5
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/4/2019 1:23:53 PM   
eouellet

I got the same problem, and it was worse than before 2.9.5.

Trade with Free France has to reach Reunion Island...it cannot even be a capital of Free France, while Dakar is the new capital which can take up to 3 build points per turn in my game. And Commonwealth trade is set to come from Canadian factories, but it reverts back to London factories, no matter Default and Override selection.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aranthus)
Post #: 6
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/4/2019 5:28:34 PM   
TeaLeaf

I feel with you..
It's very frustrating, has a high potential for causing the allies to lose the game, and worst of all:
It hasn't been on Steve's task list to fix since this kind of behaviour was reintroduced (and reported) after version 2.7.5 was upgraded.

That is, if I understand Steve's monthly reports correctly (english is not my native language, so my apologies if I misunderstood).

But I am planning to report this kind of production behaviour each time I encounter it (again), since I have recently upgraded to 2.9.5 and my first game with this (or a newer) version is going to be my first other than 2.7.5 -which I consider to have a stable and superior production AI.

< Message edited by TeaLeaf -- 3/4/2019 5:37:29 PM >

(in reply to eouellet)
Post #: 7
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/4/2019 6:04:25 PM   
paulderynck

It looks like both problems are caused by lent BPs being forced to source from the lending power's home country.

Paul

(in reply to TeaLeaf)
Post #: 8
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/5/2019 9:28:02 PM   
Gar-Dog

quote:

By the way, sometime back I suggested a "lock" feature on resources once you gotten then going where you wanted. So asked what I meant by this ... this is what I meant!

"Like"

Me too.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 9
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/12/2019 5:53:09 PM   
headhoncho

I will say that after roaring out of the gate with a lot of enthusiasm, the various trade/convoy/resource issues have been a major turn-off for me, and that's after spending a lot of time figuring out the complex interface. For whatever it's worth.

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 10
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/12/2019 6:13:18 PM   
Centuur

It's a part of the game which can be very frustrating. I'm now counting the number of convoys I need to be in place for the production. I don't allocate any resources to factories until the preliminary production phase starts. I'll start with the oil resources, than trade resources and build points. I don't close any major power on a side, until all of them are OK.

Lately I've managed to get all things right, but it can be very frustrating, because if one makes a change in f.e. the CW, it might make things for the French wrong again.

Patience is a virtue. In my netplay game with Gerry, it took me about 45 minutes to get things right the last time (but I've got it done) for the Allies.

Peter

(in reply to headhoncho)
Post #: 11
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/13/2019 1:22:05 AM   
gw15

yes, patience. After he got it right then I sunk 7(?) convoys the next turn so back to patience again. I was extremely lucky but then as always with MWIF, On my attack in France with my main armored force with +16, etc. the April/May turn I rolled a 2 and then with +15 on July/August I rolled a 3!!! Luck or bad luck has a tendency to even out over the game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

It's a part of the game which can be very frustrating. I'm now counting the number of convoys I need to be in place for the production. I don't allocate any resources to factories until the preliminary production phase starts. I'll start with the oil resources, than trade resources and build points. I don't close any major power on a side, until all of them are OK.

Lately I've managed to get all things right, but it can be very frustrating, because if one makes a change in f.e. the CW, it might make things for the French wrong again.

Patience is a virtue. In my netplay game with Gerry, it took me about 45 minutes to get things right the last time (but I've got it done) for the Allies.

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 12
RE: 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. - 3/13/2019 1:26:51 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

yes, patience. After he got it right then I sunk 7(?) convoys the next turn so back to patience again. I was extremely lucky but then as always with MWIF, On my attack in France with my main armored force with +16, etc. the April/May turn I rolled a 2 and then with +15 on July/August I rolled a 3!!! Luck or bad luck has a tendency to even out over the game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Well, the Gods of the Dice made one thing sure: next preliminary production phase it will again take me a very, very long time to get things maximized again.
So that's probably why you rolled so bad in France. But I think you will enter Paris in July-August 1940...

Peter

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 2.9.5. MWiF Keeps Changing Trade Resources. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI