Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1944 Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> 1944 Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1944 Mod - 2/17/2019 11:06:32 PM   
Robert24

Hey All,

I have a new mod for everyone to check-out. It starts on June 6, 1944 and includes D-Day, Bagration,
the Marianas and Ichi-Go. It proceeds into Dragoon, New Guinea, the Philippines, the Ukraine and Burma.
The entire globe has action.

The files are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pwuh4r90h6ef6i/1944%20Triumph%20and%20Tragedy.zip?dl=0

This is just the first draft which includes most of the AI scripts. I made some land and port modifications
in the Pacific, but other than that all is the same as the original; except is this 1944.

I could really use your constructive criticism to flesh this out.

Don’t hold back; let me know what you find. I’ll continue to update this till it is almost 90% good.

Take care,
Robert

< Message edited by Robert24 -- 2/23/2019 9:30:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1944 Mod - 2/23/2019 9:25:31 PM   
Robert24

Hi All,

I wanted to post a note on the translations I included in this mod. Any script I added or changed has language customizations.

My wife was a big help! She is a professional translator and interpreter so her French and Spanish (and her corrections to my English) are spot-on.

However, my high-school German is limited and I used an online translator, so let me know if I need to make any adjustments. Danke!

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 2
RE: 1944 Mod - 2/27/2019 9:58:51 AM   
eriador08

Thank you, this is a great scenario. I am currently in my first run and germany is doomed by the end of 1945. The red army has several layers of armies from Berlin to the black sea. Japan pushed china back and is still holding out very well.

I could not find any big mistakes in your german translation, but i have to say, that i only overread it quickly.

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 3
RE: 1944 Mod - 2/28/2019 2:37:45 AM   
Robert24

You are welcome eriador08!

It is actually a joy to make mods. And with your good words I am inspired to do more.

How did the Japanese do in the battle for the Philippine Sea?

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 4
RE: 1944 Mod - 2/28/2019 6:53:07 AM   
eriador08

Yes i hope there is coming more

The first american strikes were harsh, but i could save a good junk of the ijn and inflict some damage.

Thanks to combined strikes of the navie, airforce and kamikaze i could sink 7 destroyer groups, 11 big and small carriers, 3 heavy cruiser groups, 3 battleship groups and damage many more.

Altough they came most of the time in organised groups, protecting the landing forces, they were pretty much served to the japanese around the philippines.

The outer islands on the other hand are not defendable.

Now around 45 to 46 they made a big landing on the philippines, but made the big mistake, to land their HQs on different spots than the rest of the army.

Burma was lost to an allied push. Now they are turning to singapore and french indies.

The tech race as japanese seems hopelessly lost, so i did not bother to invest there.

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 5
RE: 1944 Mod - 3/1/2019 2:01:58 PM   
Robert24

Hi eriador08,

Great battle report! I enjoyed reading it. It seams I'll have to tighten up the Amphibious scripts and make
sure those Americans land their HQ right next to their ground units.

Yes, I'll have more mods. I am working on 1941 Rostov. It was kind of interesting; I think it might have been
the first time the German panzer units overextended themselves. I'll be working on this mod during the weekend.
Maybe I'll have some screenshots to post soon.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4598081

I am curious, and if you don't mind one more question; what was your selection on Ichi-Go offensive decision?

-Robert

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 6
RE: 1944 Mod - 3/1/2019 9:11:34 PM   
eriador08

Sounds interesting. I also like operational scenarios.

I went with deploying in china for a knock out blow against them. Worked pretty well, but the other fronts suffered a bit.

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 7
RE: 1944 Mod - 3/3/2019 11:29:22 PM   
Robert24

Good day all,
I have a consistent design issue that is related to SC3's AI that I can’t seem to get past.
The picture below is the at-start set-up in the Philippines Sea. The IJN is confronting the American landings in the Marianas, and the USN has moved forward to meet them.
The issue is that the American AI carriers do not attack the spotted IJN. Rather they proceed to attack the Japanese land units in the Marianas in preparation for the American amphibious landing.
I had hoped after adjusting many factors like unit placement, enemy and friendly strengths, that the American’s AI would see the IJN as the biggest threat and attack them. This has not worked out.
Any ideas?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Robert24 -- 3/3/2019 11:31:57 PM >

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 8
RE: 1944 Mod - 3/4/2019 7:36:05 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Robert

Does delaying the start by a turn or two of the Amphibious plan help?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Robert24)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> 1944 Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI