Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from Naples?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from Naples? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from Nap... - 2/13/2019 1:32:58 PM   
Searry

Pretty much title. This seems odd.

EDIT: Apparently this costs 54(!!!!)MPP.

< Message edited by Searry -- 2/13/2019 1:46:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/13/2019 2:52:46 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Searry

To address the title of the post, there could be a number of factors, such as a lack of MPPs, a lack of Amphibious Transports, of it there is no empty sea hex in or adjacent to the port.

Though as you've seen the cost, I'm guessing that you've resolved the issue because the cost doesn't normally show unless you can amphibiously transport the unit?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 2
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/13/2019 3:22:04 PM   
Searry

Yeah the UI design is a bit odd in this game. I really hope I could always see all important values even if I don't have the required MPPs.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/13/2019 4:44:44 PM   
James Taylor

Run a hotseat along side your game and model everything.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 4
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/13/2019 5:08:55 PM   
Searry

Hmmm.... How to take malta? I have carefully prepared with a massive amount of bombers, one German SF and a corps of Italians and the SF and Corps did nothing. I tried naval bombardment as well.

EDIT: Somehow I could just move in the next turn when I bombed the AA there.

< Message edited by Searry -- 2/13/2019 5:59:13 PM >

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 5
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/14/2019 12:20:54 AM   
Numdydar

All you need to take Malta is to bomb the AA unit until it is gone and drop a para in. It helps to keep two ships on the ports so the AA unit cannot build back to full strength each turn.

You also need a dedicated HQ so the bomb values are maximized for your planes.

While I have taken Malta a couple of times, I find its easier to just capture Alexandra/Cairo than do anything about Malta .

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 6
RE: Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from... - 2/14/2019 12:29:46 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

When I'm Axis, the Italians bug the s_it outta me. They are like a broke girlfriend. They're hot, with no money. I try to get them to do one thing, and they can't get it right. But I keep trying!

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Why cannot my German SF amphibiously transport from Naples? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI