Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

subs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> subs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
subs - 2/9/2019 8:12:26 PM   
witpaemail

recent 2 player game. Axis player flooded the Irish sea with ships and subs and left a line of subs between him and me. On my turn airstrikes on the front line subs, sub submerges but cant go anywhere because of the massive numbers of ships, so it stays in the hex. More strikes, more submerges and no retreat or damage. Screw it, I quit the game. If the sub CANT retreat because the player intentionally left no place for it to retreat to, seems to me it should not only take the damage, but should take an extra point for having to move through an enemy hex to return to the hex it was attacked from - in other words an added penalty for trying to "game the system"...

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 8:16:04 PM   
Dorky8

I think they are making big changes to sub warfare in the next update

(in reply to witpaemail)
Post #: 2
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 9:02:55 PM   
witpaemail

They need to. Subs are WAY too effective vs DDs at least as it is now.

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 3
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 9:22:23 PM   
Dorky8

It is annoying when people use very aggressive tactics with subs because they are near invincible early in the game. I've had a bunch of people playing Axis use the same tactic u mention for Sealion. All you can do is destroy the British Navy to try to stop it.

Look at Maritime bombers & motor boats they are cheap and are good against ships & subs.

If someone fills the Irish sea (BS move by the way) with subs & ships and you use the maritime bombers/bombers (with naval research) and carriers their surface ships wont be there long.

(in reply to witpaemail)
Post #: 4
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 9:33:08 PM   
Taxman66

CVLs are pretty awesome versus subs.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 5
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 9:44:39 PM   
witpaemail

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorky8

It is annoying when people use very aggressive tactics with subs because they are near invincible early in the game. I've had a bunch of people playing Axis use the same tactic u mention for Sealion. All you can do is destroy the British Navy to try to stop it.

Look at Maritime bombers & motor boats they are cheap and are good against ships & subs.

If someone fills the Irish sea (BS move by the way) with subs & ships and you use the maritime bombers/bombers (with naval research) and carriers their surface ships wont be there long.

Oh, I know, but I needed to move some of his subs for maneuvering room. I couldnt move ANYTHING, so I had to force some of the subs back so I could move SOMETHING.

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 6
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 9:52:13 PM   
Dorky8

I think the new update fixes a bunch of this stuff. Subs cant dive at 0 supply, block supply at 0 and may take so damage when they dive. I'm not sure when the new release comes out its been in the works a long time.

I always have maritime bombers in GB, subs wont block them.

Once a sub cant dive or retreat they will be in trouble with bombers.

< Message edited by Dorky8 -- 2/9/2019 9:53:25 PM >

(in reply to witpaemail)
Post #: 7
RE: subs - 2/9/2019 11:52:36 PM   
witpaemail

Oh, Im sure the new changes would have made a world of difference in that game. Those subs had been at sea for probably a year before they came into the Irish Sea

(in reply to Dorky8)
Post #: 8
RE: subs - 2/10/2019 10:41:46 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Axis player flooded the Irish sea with ships and subs

Ok, it happens.
quote:

my turn airstrikes on the front line subs

Wait ... you've got an Irish Sea full of enemy ships and you use your airstrikes on subsurface units ?

Bombing 101 - Bombs on Ships do damage, Bombs on Water Do Little Damage.

(in reply to witpaemail)
Post #: 9
RE: subs - 2/10/2019 11:08:21 AM   
witpaemail

Yeah, and subs sink carriers. If I didnt move his subs, my carriers were dead next turn because I couldnt move them.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> subs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI