Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Artillery Barrage types

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Artillery Barrage types Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Artillery Barrage types - 2/9/2019 11:18:05 AM   
StuccoFresco

I'm not really sure about how they work, and the manual seems not to be up to date about them.

What does the different barrage strikes mean? I'm always resorting to neutralizing x3, and the AI seems to do the same, but i can't understand the others.
Post #: 1
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/11/2019 2:13:38 PM   
IronMikeGolf

Basically, reduced target effect, but with reduced ammo consumption. Suppression will give you a good reduction in Readiness on the targeted unit, but you will not likely get many casualties. But, it uses about 1/3 of the ammo a Neutralize mission does. If you knock the Readiness of a unit down to under 50%, then that unit is not likely to hit when it fores and really unlikely to get multiple hits.

Harassment uses hardly any ammo. So, what good is it? It might make an enemy decide to move off that hex. Don't expect casualties or a significant Readiness drop. A unit in Hold with decent Morale and Readiness will likely ignore it, though. It represents just a few rounds impacting.

I use Suppression when I need sustained fires on a target, like prep fires when making a deliberate attack. The defenders may be at full strength when I make the assault, but their Readiness is low enough that I get a lot more combat power making it to the objective.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

(in reply to StuccoFresco)
Post #: 2
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/11/2019 2:16:49 PM   
StuccoFresco

So Suppression favors Readiness hit, while Neutralizing more on actual losses inflicted while hitting Readiness less?

If i set up a single target hex instead of 3, will the artillery unit fire only once, "losing" the other 2 attacks? Or will it concentrate all his 3 attacks in the first salvo?

(in reply to IronMikeGolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/11/2019 3:34:16 PM   
CapnDarwin

You need to place three markers in a hex to hit it with three barrages. The type of barrage sets the number of rounds.

Work on Southern Storm continues! Very busy times right now.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Post #: 4
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/11/2019 7:50:53 PM   
StuccoFresco

Thanks again!

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/13/2019 2:37:47 PM   
IronMikeGolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: StuccoFresco

So Suppression favors Readiness hit, while Neutralizing more on actual losses inflicted while hitting Readiness less?

If i set up a single target hex instead of 3, will the artillery unit fire only once, "losing" the other 2 attacks? Or will it concentrate all his 3 attacks in the first salvo?

They both decrease Readiness by about the same amount. The difference between the two is really the chance of casualties.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

Post #: 6
RE: Artillery Barrage types - 2/13/2019 3:32:18 PM   
StuccoFresco

Thanks for clarifying

(in reply to IronMikeGolf)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Artillery Barrage types Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI