Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/5/2019 4:10:31 PM   
Tamas

Hi Everyone,

The Armored Brigade team have been busy working on a lot of improvements and fixes.

Before we officially release these, we would like to confirm our tests that everything works as it should.

If you are interested in helping us test the update before it becomes official, you can download it from THIS LINK, or grab it from the MEMBERS AREA if you have it registered.

If you post your feedback in a new thread, please start he thread title with "[1.006 public beta]".

Thank you!

You can read the list of changes below:

Fix: The Polish ZPU-2 AA-gun wreck sprite was misnamed.
Fix: Helicopters always returned to the battle position #1 after HQ CAS.
[engine] Implement the helicopter covered/quickest path mode option.
[engine] Improve the wedge, vee, line and echeloned line formations. There's much less movement between the formation left/right sides, especially with large formations.
[engine] Implement the 'fortified' (not dug-in) scenario defence level option.
[engine] Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached.
[engine] Implement the 'seek cover' SOP option.
[engine] Implement the message action options system.
[engine] Implement the 'enemy ground unit spotted' message.
[engine] Implement the 'orient listener with the locked unit' audio option.
[engine] The illumination flare brightness is limited when the flares overlap.
[engine] Add more map editor mode terrain type hotkeys.
[scenarios] Add the 'Winterburan' scenario.
[ui] Store all the battle event messages and allow mouse wheel scrolling on the message list.
[ui] Show the ammunition details when the mouse cursor is on the unit weapon info panel.
[ui] Add the 'fire all' buttons for artillery HE, DPICM and illumination rounds.
[ui] Update the SOP menu button style.
[ui] Show explosion icons for artillery and mortar shells and bombs.
[ui] When moving helicopters, scroll the screen automatically to the selected helicopter battle position.
[ui] Show the helicopter BP/TRP name when designating them or moving helicopters.
[ui] Show the 'player character' hint less often.
[ui] Show the on-map mortar and artillery minimum and maximum ranges and the illumation shell radius when setting the target area.
[ui] Update hotkey: 'Custom fast compression': Ctrl+Tab.
[ui] Update the blue map location label color.
[ui] Update the credits.

< Message edited by Tamas -- 2/20/2019 1:59:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/5/2019 4:58:01 PM   
22sec

Awesome! Will give it a look.

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 2
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/5/2019 5:38:11 PM   
Veitikka

There's one issue in the new helicopter system: If the BP 1 and 2 are in the same location the helicopters will start circling around without getting anywhere when they try to change the battle position. This will be fixed in the official patch, no need to report it.

Know thyself!

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 3
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/5/2019 9:00:18 PM   
noooooo

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/5/2019 9:41:17 PM   
22sec

The new helicopter path finding was fun to watch the first time. It definitely changes the dynamic of helicopters, in particular selecting the covered path means it takes a longer time to arrive at the BP. That should force players to plan ahead accordingly. How does the AI determine which path type its choppers will use?

(in reply to noooooo)
Post #: 5
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 12:38:45 AM   
thewood1

Great update. The UI changes around events and auto-pauses helps manage the game so much better. Its almost a different game to me.

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 6
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 12:50:46 AM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Great update. The UI changes around events and auto-pauses helps manage the game so much better. Its almost a different game to me.

Thanks man. I very much appreciate you for following this project.

Know thyself!

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 12:54:57 AM   
22sec

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I only had a minute today, so just checked out the helicopter flight paths. I did set up the auto-pauses, and looking forward to how they effect how I play the game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 7:59:36 AM   
mmacguinness

Excellent. Reforming formations hugely improved.
Lost tanks 3 and 5 in company line formation, remainder just smoothly closed ranks without changing relative positions.

other added options to pause or go to 1:1 time very useful too.

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 9
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 2:50:51 PM   
zacklaws

A big improvement.

Only issue I saw was "Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached." it never happened. The battle ended as usual with no option to continue unless I missed it. This was with one of the ready made scenario. When I find time, I will recheck.

Another issue was in the message box, "enemy rotary wing aircraft" was being reported for sightings etc, but I noticed that when they was shot down, nothing was reported in the message box to state that fact. As I do not bother with helicopters etc, this issue may have existed for a while in other versions so I would not have noticed it.

< Message edited by zacklaws -- 2/6/2019 2:52:04 PM >

(in reply to mmacguinness)
Post #: 10
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 4:10:44 PM   
mmacguinness

I got the "Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached." message, but didn't choose to continue.

the message log has never reported aircraft losses
Also, aircraft are not included in the OOB. They only way to assess aircraft effectiveness is to tot up the individual unit kill credits in the OOB and compare it to the Summary, any difference being the Aircraft's kills.

Has there been any change to the victory level assessment? The battle I played was called as a draw though I still had most of my tanks, I had destroyed all enemy tanks and had way more firepower. Another few minutes, he would have been wiped out. My losses were moderate, I was in command of the field, at worst I would call it Tactical Victory.

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 11
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 9:20:24 PM   
zacklaws

Just confirming, (Version 1.006), reference:- ""Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached." It is not happening when I play the scenario "Rear Guard". Tried the last autosave 3 times, the battle ends with the summary, view replay or exit battle. Unless the option to carry on is somewhere else that I cannot see or is it not possible to carry on a premade scenario?

Another oddity I noticed. When I played the scenario the first time, the victory level for the players side had all gone, no green showing for a long time and I expected a defeat but the game kept playing, and instead it was a victory for the player.

But when I replay the last minute or two of the autosave, I still have a good bit of green showing still but it only appears after the scenario finishes.

Tried adding the autosave file but the forum will not allow it as it is not supported.

Note in the picture, no green showing for the players side at the top

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zacklaws -- 2/6/2019 9:34:57 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 9:38:51 PM   
zacklaws

End of the scenario.

For the players side, green is now showing.

Also no option to carry the battle on, if it is supposed to be displayed at this stage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 13
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/6/2019 9:39:46 PM   
zacklaws

And the summary, still no option to carry on.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 14
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/7/2019 9:06:24 AM   
zacklaws

Having now played a couple of my own generated battles, I get the option to resume the battle, it seems with the "stock" scenario, it jumps to the 2nd picture above with the message " the battle has reached its conclusion. Whereas with my own scenario's, that menu does not pop up till I have clicked on "exit battle" bottom right

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 15
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/7/2019 4:15:57 PM   
22sec

Love the changes to the in-game map editor.

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 16
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 12:11:10 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: zacklaws

End of the scenario.

For the players side, green is now showing.

Also no option to carry the battle on, if it is supposed to be displayed at this stage.

That's "Cancel" XD .

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 17
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 10:53:22 AM   
zacklaws

quote:

That's "Cancel" XD .

That never worked, I tried everything to all avail. If, I recall, I went into a loop. Press "Cancel" the menu would clear and "Resume" at the top would change to "Summary"

But, I may have found out what was wrong this morning..... possibly a corrupt installation up to V1.006.

This morning when I started the game, it failed to load, lots of error messages, to fast to read.
After it failed to load, it restarted itself, this time managed to see one of the messages and it referred to a "rifle sound missing or failing to load" or something on those lines and before I could read the rest of the error messages it crashed again and started to reboot and loaded correctly.

Anyway, to ensure everything is OK, I reinstalled from afresh and it all seems to be working now as it should.

Also regarding the scenario, "Rear Guard", I found that it does not need any player input to have "Total Victory". This morning, I loaded it, pressed start, set it to fast, left it for a couple of hours and I had "Total Victory". In fact it did better than what I was achieving and more units left. Plus, there would have been no artillery, mortar or helicopter support for the player. Maybe that should be a test for any scenario maker who creates a defensive scenario, let the game run out on its own, see what the outcome is, and then readjust it.

< Message edited by zacklaws -- 2/8/2019 11:26:47 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 18
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 12:08:37 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: 22sec

How does the AI determine which path type its choppers will use?

Currently the AI opponent selects the path type randomly.

Know thyself!

(in reply to 22sec)
Post #: 19
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 12:24:58 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

Only issue I saw was "Allow the battle go on without a limit after the end conditions have been reached." it never happened. The battle ended as usual with no option to continue unless I missed it. This was with one of the ready made scenario. When I find time, I will recheck.

In the 'end battle' window you click 'OK' and the AAR phase starts. If you click 'CANCEL' then the action phase keeps going on, even if the victory/defeat/etc. condition has been reached.

Know thyself!

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 20
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 12:31:18 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: mmacguinness

Has there been any change to the victory level assessment? The battle I played was called as a draw though I still had most of my tanks, I had destroyed all enemy tanks and had way more firepower. Another few minutes, he would have been wiped out. My losses were moderate, I was in command of the field, at worst I would call it Tactical Victory.

I don't think there have been any changes in the system lately. The ownership of objectives over the course of battle matters, and the mission type. You can enable the 'show victory levels' scenario launch option to see how the victory bars behave.

Know thyself!

Post #: 21
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 12:44:40 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

Another oddity I noticed. When I played the scenario the first time, the victory level for the players side had all gone, no green showing for a long time and I expected a defeat but the game kept playing, and instead it was a victory for the player.

But when I replay the last minute or two of the autosave, I still have a good bit of green showing still but it only appears after the scenario finishes.

Tried adding the autosave file but the forum will not allow it as it is not supported.

Note in the picture, no green showing for the players side at the top

The dark green color means that the exact bar length is hidden by the fog of war. Perhaps it's hard for you to see the dark color? The victory bars are revealed after the victory/defeat/draw state has been reached, even if the battle goes on. That's when you see the bright green or red bar.

Know thyself!

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 22
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/8/2019 1:12:33 PM   
zacklaws

quote:

That's when you see the bright green or red bar.

I only ever see a bright green bar or red bar. I have never seen a dark green bar.

This is why I raised the issue of the bars during alpha and beta testing. There is no way of noting small changes in them and ideally they need a scale of some sort to back the bars up and even a position marked as to where the bar started. Even if it was just a box with a percentage number in of remaining points in it would be better.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 23
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/9/2019 7:57:08 AM   
zacklaws

quote:

quote:

I only ever see a bright green bar or red bar. I have never seen a dark green bar.

I had a rethink last night, if I cannot see the Dark Green bar on my computer whilst playing the game due to glare etc, it should show up at least on my 1st screenshot that I posted. On close examination, I can just discern a bar, just a bit lighter than the background. Is that supposed to be the dark green bar?

If this is the case and same with other players who also cannot see it then, maybe it needs changing to a lighter green?

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 24
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/11/2019 9:14:42 AM   
Lowlaner2012

This is great, the pause options make bigger scenarios much easier to handle, the fixes and ui additions add to an already awesome game...

Thanks

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 25
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/11/2019 11:30:16 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

quote:

quote:

I had a rethink last night, if I cannot see the Dark Green bar on my computer whilst playing the game due to glare etc, it should show up at least on my 1st screenshot that I posted. On close examination, I can just discern a bar, just a bit lighter than the background. Is that supposed to be the dark green bar?

If this is the case and same with other players who also cannot see it then, maybe it needs changing to a lighter green?

1: The dark green bar. The current victory level is hidden under it.

2: The gray bar shows the maximum victory point level (the defending side starts with reduced victory points).

Attachment (1)

Know thyself!

(in reply to zacklaws)
Post #: 26
RE: Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! - 2/12/2019 7:36:40 AM   
zacklaws

quote:

1: The dark green bar. The current victory level is hidden under it.

2: The gray bar shows the maximum victory point level (the defending side starts with reduced victory points).

The green bar is only visible if I carefully look for it, but only because I know its there now, otherwise I would not see it.

As for the "grey bar", I cannot see it at all.

Does anyone else have this issue?

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade v1.006 Public Beta! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI