Two control problems in 2.9.5

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Aranthus

Two control problems in 2.9.5

Post by Aranthus »

First: At the end of S/O 39 Germany has conquered Poland. However, In N/D 39 many of the hexes of Poland are still CW controlled. Shouldn't all hexes in Poland become German controlled once Poland is conquered?

Second: Also, in S/O 39 Germany declares war on Belgium. The two Belgian convoy points can be set up in any Belgian controlled area. In prior versions I could set them up in the port in the Belgian Congo, but in 2.9.5, that isn't allowed.
michaelbaldur

RE: Two control problems in 2.9.5

Post by michaelbaldur »

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

First: At the end of S/O 39 Germany has conquered Poland. However, In N/D 39 many of the hexes of Poland are still CW controlled. Shouldn't all hexes in Poland become German controlled once Poland is conquered?

Second: Also, in S/O 39 Germany declares war on Belgium. The two Belgian convoy points can be set up in any Belgian controlled area. In prior versions I could set them up in the port in the Belgian Congo, but in 2.9.5, that isn't allowed.

for the second part, read the rules[:-].

only half can be setup outside of belgium
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

ORIGINAL: Aranthus

for the second part, read the rules[:-].

only half can be setup outside of belgium

Correct. Belgium has five units--three infantry, one territorial and the two convoy points which count as one unit. The infantry go in Belgium, the territorial in the Congo, and that means that the convoy points should be able to go in the Congo also.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

The Territorial does not count, it is not a Belgian unit. Nonetheless, you should be able to set up half of them outside the home country and putting two CPs in the Belgian Congo is de rigueur.

Sounds like bugs, but a saved game would be nice to have a look at.
Paul
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

Here is the Belgian Convoy Issue.
Attachments
BelgianCo..upIssue.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Confirm both bugs.

AAMOF you can't place the Belgian Congo Territorial in its own country! [X(]

With Belgium, they were aligned with France - if you have an auto-save from just before the DoW, it would be good to try aligning them with the CW to see if that has something to do with it.
Paul
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

I tried aligning Belgium with the CW, and the result was the same.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

If you still have autosaves from the conquest phase of SO39 and from just before DoWs in ND39, please post them as I think Steve will want them in order to fix these obvious regression bugs.
Paul
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

Here is the Conquest Phase. Since all of this happened in S/O there was no action in in Declaration of War Phase in N/D.
Attachments
Sept39Conquest.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

This is the save of the Allied Strategic Bombing Phase in the impulse before Germany declares war on Belgium.
Attachments
Sept39St..Bombing.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I just fixed this for version 3.0.0.0.

It has to do with two minor countries cooperating.

Usually they cannot. The exception is when one is a controlled minor country of another. It only seems to occur with: Belgium & Belgian Congo, and The Netherlands & NEI.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

There was a second problem with the CW controlling hexes in Poland in ND39 even though Poland was conquered at the end of SO39.
Paul
Aranthus

Post by Aranthus »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

There was a second problem with the CW controlling hexes in Poland in ND39 even though Poland was conquered at the end of SO39.

Got it. Attached is the Resource Lending Phase of N/D 39.
Attachments
November3..ngPhase.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

Return to “Tech Support”