Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario for Test: Al Hudaydah, 2019

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario for Test: Al Hudaydah, 2019 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario for Test: Al Hudaydah, 2019 - 1/20/2019 3:08:10 AM   
DismalPseudoscience

Situation

The Saudi-led coalition resumes its assault against the Houthi-held city of Hudaydah in early 2019, hoping to cut their supply lines and end the interminable war in Yemen. The Houthis lack the equipment for a stand-up fight, but are experts in unconventional tactics.

Scenario

This is a mid-sized air and naval warfare scenario pitting the Saudis against the Houthis. The player controls the Houthis. Although most of their force consists of land units and small boats, they can use unconventional tactics (and a heck of a lot of micromanagement, sorry guys) to turn the tables.

Author's Notes

This is still WIP on balance and scoring, but should be playable. Feel free to disregard a "Game Over" message if you want to fight on and see if you can dig yourself out. I think it is fair to say that this one is very hard. You have a lot of land units that will have to move around to achieve success, and you will definitely need to pay attention to shutting down SAM radars when the inevitable HARMs are inbound. Offensively, UAVs are key to letting your missiles and artillery do their work.

The inspiration for this came partially from the headlines and partially from the "Millennium Challenge."

This does not require CoW or other expansions to play.

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, or catch any bugs, and thanks for playing!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario for Test: Al Hudaydah, 2019 - 1/20/2019 5:21:03 PM   
Andrea G

I gave it a try; interesting situation.
I have stopped the sea invasion with a combination of artillery and AT missiles, the assault boat were useless, probably I have to disguise them in the middle of the dhows.
The midget sub is a nice touch, I was able to launch the two torpedoes but both of them malfunctioned.
The real problem is that as soon as I launch a UAV it immediately gets shot down by the patriots.
The amphibious boats stopped near the shore and did nothing, they were sitting ducks for my artillery.

Summing everything up once the VPs will be balanced, it will be an interesting scenario; I would add the COW cargo rules to make the sea invasion real and at the same time activate the saudi ground units in the salient; but those patriot must be out of reach of the airport.

Play up! play up! and play the game!
(H.Newbolt, Vitai Lampada)

(in reply to DismalPseudoscience)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario for Test: Al Hudaydah, 2019 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI