Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/19/2019 2:38:43 AM   
ernieschwitz

Ok,

I've been looking into the bug, and so far found nothing. So I am going to ask you... What edits did you actually make. Did you change any of the code, or stringlists?
Post #: 1
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/19/2019 3:05:57 AM   
Twotribes

No all I did is double production of all production facilities (well a made complexes 15k production), I added a few cargo premades to starting cities and added a few units to a couple headquarters. Also add some PP to each nation.

I am pretty sure but not positive that China went to 15k neg after the first transfer or so of Soviet Equipment and that Britain went to neg after the Indians produced more units in manpower then Indian contributes.

The British were doing it before in 101 with no changes.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 2
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/19/2019 3:17:59 AM   
ernieschwitz

It is very strange.

I looked at all the things I could think of. I looked in the code, and nothing seemed wrong. I looked in the stringlists (They govern how much manpower there is in each location. Non-locations add nothing to manpower). I looked in the variables that you can set to a fixed value, and nothing was out of the ordinary, or looked wrong.

Basically I am at a loss, so far.

I might send the file to Vic for analysis.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/19/2019 3:51:12 AM   
ernieschwitz

I might be on to something.

Both the two countries (China and Britain) have very high numbers when it comes to their population base. It might be that the numbers added together, coupled with that both countries have played the card to increase their manpower levels is responsible (level 4 both). I need to do more investigating.

Post #: 4
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/19/2019 4:38:33 AM   
ernieschwitz

I was right!

Bug confirmed, and fixed.

The fix will cause a slight downward adjustment in manpower gains. Not much, about 1-4 less for some countries, at their current recruitment levels.

Example: Before the fix Japan had 1021 own manpower, and 402 for other sources. After the fix it is 1017 and 399.

This change is due to the way things are done when calculating in ATG. If you divide something by 10, it rounds down to nearest whole number. So the remainders are not considered. So if you want to multiply something by 1.3 you would have to do it by multiplying first with 13, and then dividing by 10. I had to switch some of the dividing and multiplying to a different order, thus there are some slight rounding issues. Not big stuff, but still, thought I'd mention it.

The problem was that a certain amount of digits is reserved for the size of a number. If calculations bring that number above the digits allowed, the computer interprets it as there is a minus sign ahead of the number instead. I was hitting that number.

I'll put it into the next version I get uploaded (1.0.2)

Post #: 5
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/21/2019 4:48:13 AM   
Twotribes

The Chinese stopped being negative but the British still are. Not sure what changed.

Post #: 6
RE: Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 - 1/21/2019 5:13:03 AM   
ernieschwitz

Overflow. Once the negative numbers get too big, they revert back again.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Twotribes Manpower bug, GD1938v3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI