Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to create airbases?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to create airbases? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to create airbases? - 1/15/2019 11:34:56 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

How do I get the airport icon to appear on a hex grid? I created a new air unit by copying another, changed the location to the new unit location. I created a new location, with the same x,y coordinates, inserted the former Air Base Unit number, updated the map text, I couldn't edit the Hex City ID though. Lastly I created 2 Air Groups and assigned them to the air base. Everything is in sync but STILL no airport icon within the hex. Is there something I'm missing?
Post #: 1
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 8:20:01 AM   
Helpless

Check for air base size on location tab, it should be non-zero.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to oldMarinePanzer)
Post #: 2
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 12:34:09 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Thanks for your reply, I did set that, I set it to a 3.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 3:46:59 PM   
Red Lancer

Is it working now ? Have you linked the Location to the Unit via the Loc: on the Unit tab once the new Location is in - noting it is generic data?

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Post #: 4
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 5:38:59 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Yes, I did that. It is working now, the airfield is showing inside the hex location, it's red rather than green. What does that mean? The Hex City ID is now populated in the Locations tab, it wasn't last night, is that the missing step? I wonder why it worked today and not last night. Does the game have to be closed and then re-opened? Is there some field or something else entirely that must be flushed? Like for the Hex City ID? The x,y location in the Units tab for the airbase is the same x,y location for the "town" in the locations tab. Everything is working correctly (except the airfield color - red) and I think I "stumbled" into making it all work.

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 5
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 5:59:24 PM   
Red Lancer

You do need to make sure that a size is set as Helpless said and connect from Unit to Location rather than vice versa.

As for the red colour it depends on the mode - has the airbase enough supply and do the air groups have ready aircraft?

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Post #: 6
RE: How to create airbases? - 1/16/2019 6:55:52 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Aaah ha! I went in and did just that while waiting for your response, researching where I could have done things different, or in this case just doing a little more, experience is the best teacher, I updated the ready aircraft and added pilots for them (must have been the ready aircraft field) because now the airfield is green! You must enjoy watching game players learning and making progress...

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to create airbases? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI