Exactly when does the game end prematurely?

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
sIg3b

Exactly when does the game end prematurely?

Post by sIg3b »

2 conditions are given in the manual:

-Napoleon dies.
-France is at peace with all Majors.

Now when exactly does this happen?
Case 1: France is conquered; I suppose that counts as being at peace.
Case 2: France enforces peace; but is this even possible? Is peace with Britain needed? Is peace with Britain possible?
(The Diplomacy Menu says Britain is always at war!)

Attachments
peace.jpg
peace.jpg (163.15 KiB) Viewed 319 times
sIg3b

RE: Exactly when does the game end prematurely?

Post by sIg3b »

The help file says once defeated Britain is out of the game for good. So I guess Automatic Victory for the French is possible.

Thanks for not answering my question! [:'(]
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

The game can end prematurely if Napoleon is forced into exile. This occurs if Paris is captured and not recaptured by your forces in a certain number of turns.

If you defeat Great Britain and subdue, if necessary, each of the remaining European powers then France is considered to be at peace with all Major Powers. I think that you cannot be at war with the Ottomans, either.

You can subdue a hostile power by defeating it, of course. On the other hand, if you are at peace with, say, Austria, then you'll stay that way unless you declare war or the AI succeeds in bringing that power to belligerent status.

If Great Britain is conquered it makes it much easier for you because the AI can't change any powers to belligerency against France.

HTH
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

I forgot to mention: peace with Britain is not possible unless you subdue Britain with a successful invasion. That is sometimes possible and sometimes very hard.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
sIg3b

Post by sIg3b »

I recently found out that it is possible, as you will see when I get around to finishing my AAR. [:)]

Thanks for clarifying the details.

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”