Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

amphibious movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> amphibious movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
amphibious movement - 1/10/2019 2:07:53 AM   
tonyscrase

Trying to understand Attrition to Amphibious assaults

1) I think that in the action phase they suffer normal Naval attrition as they move to their target hexes rule 16.5.2 I think this AV attrition

2) they receive Amphibious invasion attrition rule 16.7.1 which I think is aiav and occurs in the logistic phase just before the attack. But I am slightly confused because it states that the starting point for the calculation is the AV as in 1 above
do you use the same number as you have calculated in (1) above or do you recalculate and as 1) seems to be mostly based on movement what movement do you use for this calculation

3) for every logistics turn they are at sea or just offshore they suffer amphibious HQ at sea attrition rule 16.6.2.2

I don't know much of this I have got right !!!!!

THANK YOU
Post #: 1
RE: amphibious movement - 1/10/2019 4:25:25 AM   
cfulbright

Tony,

One of the rules and formulas experts will have to answer your questions, but I will tell you something else: the tutorials suggest naval moving follow-on units to behind the invasion forces. My own experience over multiple games and tests is that the Losses screen shows Allied losses as much higher if you do this. On the other hand, if you naval load those follow-on units, but move them back into their originating port for that turn, you don't see those high losses.

My conclusion is that any Allied units in an open sea hex, and in particular sea hexes subject to Axis naval interdiction, will suffer losses, and it's a bad idea to do this.

Cary

(in reply to tonyscrase)
Post #: 2
RE: amphibious movement - 1/10/2019 9:06:26 PM   
Searry

You can reduce attrition with big naval interdiction numbers. I usually have very little problems.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 3
RE: amphibious movement - 1/10/2019 9:14:47 PM   
cfulbright

I find in the 1943 Grand Campaign, if I move all available follow-on divisions and corps HQ's to off the coast of Sicily, the Losses report will show ~75K Allied men lost. If I "naval load" them but put them in ports live Pantelleria, Valletta, Bizerte, and Bone, my Allied men lost will be ~35-40K.

Cary

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> amphibious movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI