Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New MOD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New MOD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New MOD - 1/9/2019 9:52:57 PM   
dhucul2011

Hi everyone:

I have created a new MOD and was wanting to gauge interest to see if it is worthwhile uploading.

I have enjoyed Crispy's Fall Weiss MOD immensely but found that there were far too many decisions and free units arriving by script. I also wanted to make some adjustments of my own so here are the features:

1. British Empire is now a playable minor that will see Australian, New Zealand, South African and Indian units appearing by script.

2. Free France is now a playable minor that will appear and will have its own units arrive via script. These will include Leclerc HQ and L-Force, Giraud and De Gaulle HQs and other Free French units in Egypt and the UK etc.

3. French West Africa has been added and the city and port of Dakar. Popups and decisions will appear to allow the Allied player to attempt an invasion. The BB Richelieu will also play into the game.

4. Adjustments have been made to Gibralter and Scapa Flow to make the ports more historical.

5. Mountain divisions have been added. General Dietl and his Mountain Division will appear in Narvik instead of a garrison.

6. Added new ports and other resource hexes such as Habbaniyah in Iraq (UK), ports of Haifa in Palestine (UK) and Souda Bay and Sphakia in Crete (Greece). Also added Gdynia in Poland.

7. New historical units include the German Dreadnought Schleswig Holstein, German Waffen SS and Ost Battalions, STAVKA reserve, additional cavalry units where appropriate, additional minor nation naval units, Wilson HQ and W-Force and many others.

8. A decision for the USA to transfer atomic bombs to Europe after Japan surrenders.

9. Changed Special Forces units to Special Assault Force. I never did like the "Special Forces" name as to me it would represent small groups of commandos. Now it better represents the US and British Marines and smaller brigade and division size assault groups created for "special" operations such as Rupertforce etc.

10. I have added alot of text to the map for place names and especially historical battle locations for flavour.

11. Optional transfer of resources from Germany to Italy. Vichy war reparations to Germany. Romanian oil shipments to Germany.

12. Axis oil shortages in 1943 and beyond if certain oil areas are not held.

13. Soviet, British and German mine fields. (Feature limited in nature by the game engine)

Much more....
Post #: 1
RE: New MOD - 1/11/2019 2:00:12 PM   
delpionen

Regards, it looks great, any content created by users is welcome and we will all thank you very much.

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 2
RE: New MOD - 1/11/2019 10:53:38 PM   
Hairog

If I may ask, how did you simulate the oil shortage in 1943? It sounds like a very intriguing modification.

World War Three 1946 Blog
World War Three 1946 Series on Amazon
SC3 Community Mod World War Three 1946
SC3 Naval Beta Mods

(in reply to delpionen)
Post #: 3
RE: New MOD - 1/12/2019 11:24:45 PM   
dhucul2011

Until we have actual oil consumption rules for SC3...or 4...or 5... we have to use the scripts that are available.

I have set decision scripts to fire in 1943 and later if the Axis do not control Ploesti and/or Grozny. The result will be MPP costs which will result in the inability to reinforce units on the front lines and make production of new units tougher. I could have also used strength scripts but reducing actual unit strengths and/or unit morale due to oil shortages seemed wrong. If the Axis don't control Ploesti from January 1, 1943 then they will suffer a 200 MPP per turn hit. If they don't control Grozny from June 30, 1943 then they will suffer an additional 100 MPP hit.

In addition supply scripts will hit Axis resources (cities, towns etc to reduce the supply that can be drawn from them.

There is no way to directly reduce APs for example.

I did not consider Axis control of Iraq or Persia as even if they had it would have been difficult to get the oil to Germany.

Axis control of Baku in most games will also mean Axis control of Grozny so they can be lumped together.

Abstract? Yes, but it's better than letting Germany run rampant with 6 or more tank and mech units and innumerable air units into the later war with no effects.

< Message edited by dhucul2011 -- 1/13/2019 12:12:09 AM >

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 4
RE: New MOD - 1/13/2019 3:32:01 AM   
Hairog

Good solution for the current hard coded version. Another one you may want to explore is to max out all the oil producing rates for the countries that Germany could have received oil from and reduce the MPP of all other resources. I did that in WWIII1946 and I think it works well. It certainly makes the control of oil much more important.

Attachment (1)

World War Three 1946 Blog
World War Three 1946 Series on Amazon
SC3 Community Mod World War Three 1946
SC3 Naval Beta Mods

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New MOD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI