I have created a new MOD and was wanting to gauge interest to see if it is worthwhile uploading.
I have enjoyed Crispy's Fall Weiss MOD immensely but found that there were far too many decisions and free units arriving by script. I also wanted to make some adjustments of my own so here are the features:
1. British Empire is now a playable minor that will see Australian, New Zealand, South African and Indian units appearing by script.
2. Free France is now a playable minor that will appear and will have its own units arrive via script. These will include Leclerc HQ and L-Force, Giraud and De Gaulle HQs and other Free French units in Egypt and the UK etc.
3. French West Africa has been added and the city and port of Dakar. Popups and decisions will appear to allow the Allied player to attempt an invasion. The BB Richelieu will also play into the game.
4. Adjustments have been made to Gibralter and Scapa Flow to make the ports more historical.
5. Mountain divisions have been added. General Dietl and his Mountain Division will appear in Narvik instead of a garrison.
6. Added new ports and other resource hexes such as Habbaniyah in Iraq (UK), ports of Haifa in Palestine (UK) and Souda Bay and Sphakia in Crete (Greece). Also added Gdynia in Poland.
7. New historical units include the German Dreadnought Schleswig Holstein, German Waffen SS and Ost Battalions, STAVKA reserve, additional cavalry units where appropriate, additional minor nation naval units, Wilson HQ and W-Force and many others.
8. A decision for the USA to transfer atomic bombs to Europe after Japan surrenders.
9. Changed Special Forces units to Special Assault Force. I never did like the "Special Forces" name as to me it would represent small groups of commandos. Now it better represents the US and British Marines and smaller brigade and division size assault groups created for "special" operations such as Rupertforce etc.
10. I have added alot of text to the map for place names and especially historical battle locations for flavour.
11. Optional transfer of resources from Germany to Italy. Vichy war reparations to Germany. Romanian oil shipments to Germany.
12. Axis oil shortages in 1943 and beyond if certain oil areas are not held.
13. Soviet, British and German mine fields. (Feature limited in nature by the game engine)