Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Response...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!) >> Response... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Response... - 6/24/2003 12:36:08 AM   
Erik Rutins

Brubaker,

Thanks, that does look like a slight offset to me as well. I'll forward this to Iain for a look. We're still in the process of another graphics update to cover new terrain zoom/micro-zoom terrain and some other new things. With any luck, this should be the final one. :)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 31
- 6/24/2003 1:48:01 AM   
U2

I have a question....I do understand that troops with low supplies will not fight as well and have their values lowered. My thoughts are on Japanese units...we all know they are fierce opponents even under the worst conditions...well defending to the last man anyway. Will I simply be able to roll them over or will they still put up a fight. I want the Japanese to die fighting you see and I would hate to roll over defending Japanese troops low on supplies.

Well just a thought.

Cheers
Dan

Post #: 32
- 6/24/2003 2:28:09 AM   
Keke

[QUOTE]Originally posted by U2
[B]I have a question....I do understand that troops with low supplies will not fight as well and have their values lowered. My thoughts are on Japanese units...we all know they are fierce opponents even under the worst conditions...well defending to the last man anyway. Will I simply be able to roll them over or will they still put up a fight. I want the Japanese to die fighting you see and I would hate to roll over defending Japanese troops low on supplies. [/B][/QUOTE]

Fanaticism, caves, and orders to fight to the last bullet. ;)

Edited to add: If you are able to roll over Japanese positions easily, there's something wrong with your opponent or your computer. ;)

Jyri

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

Post #: 33
- 6/24/2003 5:59:58 PM   
U2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keke
[B]Fanaticism, caves, and orders to fight to the last bullet. ;)

Edited to add: If you are able to roll over Japanese positions easily, there's something wrong with your opponent or your computer. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Thanks Keke:)

Post #: 34
Hard to read colors - 6/29/2003 10:24:01 PM   
gionpeters

I dont know if this has been covered, but I find some of the colors used for text in the counters is hard to read. Are the colors you are using finalized ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

Post #: 35
- 6/29/2003 10:53:58 PM   
Ludovic Coval

gionpeters,

BF use three set of basics drawing elements :

* Background (60 colors)
* Front (60 colors)
* Symbol & numbers (30 colors)

This allow designer to use a broad spectrum of color mix. The drawback is that colors match is machine dependant. What can appears fine on a designer computer may lead to less convincing color mix on another machine. Once scenario design completed, we'll make an more general review, making the needed adjustment for colors at this time.

LC

Post #: 36
oops, I forgot..... - 6/29/2003 11:02:17 PM   
gionpeters

I forgot the colors would be somewhat machine dependant. Can a player in a scenario change the colors, or only the scenario maker ?

So where are you guys in the schedule ? Any plans for a second beta test round, or are things getting closer to wrapping up ?

I look forward to Battlefields.

Mad Dog

Post #: 37
- 6/30/2003 3:14:16 AM   
Ludovic Coval

gionpeters,

[QUOTE]I forgot the colors would be somewhat machine dependant.[/QUOTE]

This due to difference between monitors. The difference may be small but enough to be noticable. Colors can only be modified in editor.

[QUOTE]So where are you guys in the schedule ? Any plans for a second beta test round, or are things getting closer to wrapping up ?[/QUOTE]

I'll let Erik answer you on this ;) However, as Erik already stated on this board, we'll release BF only when completed, even if it means another delay.

[QUOTE]I look forward to Battlefields.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your interest.

LC

Post #: 38
Re: oops, I forgot..... - 7/2/2003 8:05:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

Mad Dog,

Thanks for your interest.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gionpeters
[B]So where are you guys in the schedule ? Any plans for a second beta test round, or are things getting closer to wrapping up ?

We are indeed planning to have a second beta test. The first beta test allowed us to fulfill as many tester and designer requests as possible while fixing bugs. The second beta test will be focused on playtesting the scenarios and doing work on remaining bugs and any compatibility/stability issues. I'll post here in the future about that as we do plan to augment the tester pool.

Our release has been moved back, but I don't want to announce any new dates until the second round of testing is well underway. We've also recently added another programmer and once he's had a chance to settle in we'll have a better idea of how that addition will affect our project timeline.

quote:

I look forward to Battlefields.

Thanks, we love to hear that! :)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 39
- 8/1/2003 12:06:09 PM   
Arinvald

You will find this hard to believe, but a few days ago as I was waiting for Korsun Pocket to be released, I was thinking that it would be great if an operational game would appear that was similar to the V for V/W at W series. I was just surfing the forums looking at the Korsun Pocket and Empires in Arms forums and came across this game. My god, how did I miss this. This is what I have been looking for since Operation Crusader. It really sounds like you are crafting the perfect computer wargame. I can't wait to see your final product. If it wasn't for Matrix, I would be in a wargame wasteland. Us old board gamers have been neglected to long.

Post #: 40
- 8/1/2003 12:48:30 PM   
Joe 98

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arinvald
[B]You will find this hard to believe...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, you were registered in October 2001 :)

I too am an old Crusader W@W player. I will soon have Korsun Pocket and this great game of battlefields! as well.

I am also an avid fan of Uncommon Valour. Great game You must try it.

Yet the best wargame I have ever played is the Close Combat series :)

Post #: 41
- 8/1/2003 1:09:24 PM   
Arinvald

Yeah, Close Combat was good; the scale was just a bit to low for my tastes though. I've been checking these forums out for some time; mainly to see how Empires in Arms was coming along. I only recently got an interest in Korsun Pocket, so I guess it is understandable that Battlefields has just registered on my radar screen. I'm a bit slow. I played the original TAO and really look forward to the new SSG offering. It's a good time to be a wargamer.

Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Combined Arms: World War II (formerly Battlefields!) >> Response... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI