Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: Question about CID Men

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Question about CID Men Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: Question about CID Men - 1/8/2019 1:13:35 AM   
Footslogger

I have a friend that used to be part of the CID.

If I was in the military and I'm visited by the CID, what should I do?

I'm asking from vets who have served, since I never got to serve.

BTW. My friend says that the CID is there to help you?

Post #: 1
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/8/2019 5:15:59 AM   
BBfanboy

Just watch the M*A*S*H episode with Col. Flagg ...

quote:

FLAGG: I知 with the C.I.D., although I told your boss I知 with the C.I.A. It throws people off who think I知 with the C.I.C.

FRANK: When that flag goes up the pole every morning, I go with it.
HAWKEYE: We have a hell of a time at night folding him and putting him away.

FLAGG: I知 with the C.I.C.
MARGARET: Not the C.I.A.?
FLAGG: No. I just tell people that so they値l think I知 with the C.I.D.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/8/2019 2:20:29 PM   
spence

It is unlikely that the CID (Criminal Investigative Division or some such - the function was performed by Coast Guard Intelligence when I was in) is there to help YOU but if you knowingly tell them a lie about something YOU will have a problem cause it sorta like lying to the FBI or Congress. At that point "the ball will be entirely in their court" as to whether they pursue it.

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/8/2019 8:23:19 PM   
geofflambert

If you are playing this game and screw up royally, the CID may come by to make sure you're not in cahoots with the enemy. If that happens tell them "no, I'm not in cahoots with the enemy, I'm just an imbecile".

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/9/2019 12:04:19 AM   
adarbrauner

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

If you are playing this game and screw up royally, the CID may come by to make sure you're not in cahoots with the enemy. If that happens tell them "no, I'm not in cahoots with the enemy, I'm just an imbecile".

Hahahah

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/9/2019 1:29:17 AM   
CaptBeefheart

About 12 years ago there was a college party district in Seoul (Hongik University) declared off-limits to GIs due to an incident of a GI pulling a knife on a Korean (luckily nobody got hurt, but it created an international incident). I used to go trolling there at the time (now I'm too old for that, and I'm married) and I'd usually run into GIs at the more popular spots. I'd try to talk to them since if I found out they had served in the Sandbox, I'd buy them a beer. One time I talked to a guy who had an obvious Army haircut (2ID required USMC-like cuts at the time) with a Carolina accent try to claim he was a Canadian English teacher, which was hilarious. Anyway, I talked to a more open guy about that and he said I looked like an undercover CID man trying to bust them for being in an off-limits location. That day I learned the CID's powers are vast, or at least perceived as such.

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 6
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/11/2019 1:33:13 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Just watch the M*A*S*H episode with Col. Flagg ...

quote:

FLAGG: I知 with the C.I.D., although I told your boss I知 with the C.I.A. It throws people off who think I知 with the C.I.C.

FRANK: When that flag goes up the pole every morning, I go with it.
HAWKEYE: We have a hell of a time at night folding him and putting him away.

FLAGG: I知 with the C.I.C.
MARGARET: Not the C.I.A.?
FLAGG: No. I just tell people that so they値l think I知 with the C.I.D.

CID is not considered part of the "intelligence" arm of our national defenses.
Flagg on MASH was NOT CID, more likely army G2, which is the intelligence gathering arm of the army, concerning internal intel investigations, whereas CID concerns criminal investigations.
My dad and I were both involved in the "intel" business in the army, and I was involved in both "intel" and criminal investigations at separate times.

G2 investigates intel issues within your own army...S2 investigates intel issues of the enemy.
CID is purely criminal investigations, one step higher than MPI would investigate.

The thing they all have in common is that all of their work is stored at the same facility, and is all collated by one agency.

< Message edited by m10bob -- 1/11/2019 1:34:11 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/11/2019 1:54:25 PM   
wegman58

It is NOT a preferred condition, that is for sure. In the early 1980s we pull into a foreign port and the quarterdeck call's up to the Ship's Office (YN1, Retired is me). "Is (ME) there? NIS wants to talk to him."

A few minutes of panic.

This was in the old days when copiers left traces of what they copied so there were limited numbers of area specific SECRET documents. When you transited into/out of SIXTH FLEET (or any other forward area) you normally traded documents with whoever was going the other way. I signed for the documents. Back then you sent receipts - one for you, one for who you transferred it to, one for some repository back home. They tracked some of them and there was a receipt with my name for something going one way, but the one that went back to the States didn't get there. My name was the last one they had so they rang up the local NIS and when my ship docked...

FORTUNATELY I had MY copy of the receipt. On the way out they would stop by the Executive Officer and assure him I had done no wrong, someone else was at fault.

For the rest of my military career I was absolutely PARANOID about the handing of Classified Material. And I have VERY strong views on how the people that mishandle the stuff should be treated (Corporal Manning should never be walking the earth as a free human, there are other higher profile cases...)

Hopefully if the reason for the visit was something where you were not at fault they will reassure your superiors of that.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/11/2019 5:37:52 PM   
rustysi

I see nothing... I hear nothing... I know nothing...

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to wegman58)
Post #: 9
RE: OT: Question about CID Men - 1/11/2019 6:54:51 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: wegman58

This was in the old days when copiers left traces of what they copied...

Today's copiers leave almost invisible dot patterns that identify where and when a copy was made.

(in reply to wegman58)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Question about CID Men Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI