Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How much can infantry move, and how much does the various terrain cost to move into?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> How much can infantry move, and how much does the various terrain cost to move into? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How much can infantry move, and how much does the vario... - 1/5/2019 3:57:53 AM   
ColRosenberger

Trying to get back in the game after a long while to see what was added with the various updates, but I'm stumbling upon this. Quite a basic question, but there is no indication of this neither in the game manual nor in-game. Except that you have "more" movement when moving along with a leader or move exclusively on road hexes.

Even very old wargames (including Steel Panthers, but also way older ones) display either terrain cost on hover, or highlight the full range of hexes a unit can reach this turn, or both... I think the manual and UI is due for an update.

Further questions:
- do heavy support weapons affect movement?
- can crews push guns? (doesn't seem so)
- can you partially move a unit, then another, then switch back to the original to finish its move?

While I'm at it I'd also like to report a UI bug whereby despite selecting repeatedly a unit that has already started moving, its movements options aren't displayed. Seems to happen in particular for routing units. If however you select another hex on the map and another unit, and come back to the original one which was buggy, you get your movement options back.

< Message edited by ColRosenberger -- 1/5/2019 7:13:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How much can infantry move, and how much does the v... - 1/5/2019 8:23:46 AM   
Paullus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColRosenberger
Further questions:
- do heavy support weapons affect movement?

Yes they do

quote:

- can crews push guns? (doesn't seem so)

Yes Human controlled light Guns can be pushed

quote:

- can you partially move a unit, then another, then switch back to the original to finish its move?

Yes you can

Thank you for reporting a possible bug.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to ColRosenberger)
Post #: 2
RE: How much can infantry move, and how much does the v... - 1/5/2019 3:35:53 PM   
Hailstone

I also experienced the issue of selected units for movement losing their ability to move mid-movement and to recover I have to select another unit or stack
then return to the original moving unit and continue. Don't recall that happening way in the past but with the more recent updates and it occurs fairly
frequently. It has happened to both leg units and AFV's.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
RE: How much can infantry move, and how much does the v... - 1/5/2019 4:25:17 PM   
Big Ivan

Yes, I too have seen this movement issue but not with a large frequency. When it happens its a little annoying but not a show stopper.

Blitz call sign Ivan the Big.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> How much can infantry move, and how much does the various terrain cost to move into? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI