Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ordering boxed copies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Ordering boxed copies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ordering boxed copies - 1/2/2019 7:56:31 AM   
tirnanog

Hi everyone and happy new year!

As every year for a while (although I'm quite silent in forums), I enjoy the matrix-slitherine sale, and I have been surprised to see that for few games, boxed editions aren't on sale while the digital ones are, and that there are even games that have no boxed editions available anymore...

Do you know if War Plan Orange's boxed copy, for instance, would be available to order in the future?

Thanks

TNN
Post #: 1
RE: Ordering boxed copies - 1/2/2019 10:40:08 AM   
Yogi the Great

You might Try ordering the digital edition and after you get it I think you can upgrade to the boxed.

Could have worded that better - start the buying process for the digital version sale price. You should then see a box for the boxed version (assuming one is available) just check the box, but you still get the game at the sale price.

Of course by the time you pay for the box and the required shipping you may find that the digital version is all you need. I usually only buy boxed versions for games that cost $40 to $50 or more.

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 1/2/2019 12:02:03 PM >

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to tirnanog)
Post #: 2
RE: Ordering boxed copies - 1/4/2019 7:53:37 AM   
tirnanog

Thanks, but that's what I have already done , "upgrade to box" in cart. But for few games (Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War, for instance), it seems that only digital version is on sale, the "upgrade to box" restore the normal price.
I'm Ok with this, not everything in the catalog has to be on sale, I have to adjust priorities on my games-to-buy-this-sale's list, and to consider buying the not-on-sale games at their regular price further later this year.

And I'm really fond of boxes , I even would like to be have boxes for DLC (just like the Pride of Nations') which never ever had boxed copies, I like a lot the artwork for their "box" displayed in their dedicated webpages, and would like to have the option to print it myself at least...

TNN

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 3
RE: Ordering boxed copies - 1/5/2019 1:02:26 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: tirnanog

Thanks, but that's what I have already done , "upgrade to box" in cart. But for few games (Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War, for instance), it seems that only digital version is on sale, the "upgrade to box" restore the normal price.
I'm Ok with this, not everything in the catalog has to be on sale, I have to adjust priorities on my games-to-buy-this-sale's list, and to consider buying the not-on-sale games at their regular price further later this year.

And I'm really fond of boxes , I even would like to be have boxes for DLC (just like the Pride of Nations') which never ever had boxed copies, I like a lot the artwork for their "box" displayed in their dedicated webpages, and would like to have the option to print it myself at least...

TNN

You might try to post a query to support. I also thought that the boxed version would still be on sale, though they might not discount the add-onn cost, ie, it might still add full cost of book and shipping.

Or as someone suggested. buy the digital on sale. and after that after you've bought the digital, you can upgrade to box.

Rick

(in reply to tirnanog)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Ordering boxed copies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI