Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this up and really enjoy this excellent Ageod game on

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this up and really enjoy this excellent Ageod game on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this up a... - 1/1/2019 6:39:29 PM   
rommel222

Greetings to All,
Just picked this up and really enjoy this excellent Ageod game and the four DLC campaigns.
I am a late comer to Pride of Nations but with latest patches and forum discussions, I decided to get off the fence.
Enjoying 2nd Boer War campaign to start with first time out. Look forward to playing the other campaigns as the the years go by after retirement next year.
Post #: 1
RE: Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this ... - 1/4/2019 8:56:04 AM   
Matto

It's great game ... with some problems, but still great ... enjoy it

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, HnM I., P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, SC2, FoGII, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 2
RE: Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this ... - 1/4/2019 3:08:46 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: rommel222

Greetings to All,
Just picked this up and really enjoy this excellent Ageod game and the four DLC campaigns.
I am a late comer to Pride of Nations but with latest patches and forum discussions, I decided to get off the fence.
Enjoying 2nd Boer War campaign to start with first time out. Look forward to playing the other campaigns as the the years go by after retirement next year.

its a truely immersive experience, another good intro scenario is the Franco-Prussian war. Has the advantage of mostly being a clash of major armies but you'll learn a lot about how hard it is to actually finish off a major power - and thus the advantages of taking a limited victory instead.

This thread has links to some videos on game management etc and how the (rather confusing) set of screens around trade and economic management work:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=36162

This old AAR runs from 1850 to 1920. The ToC is now broken due to forum software changes but again there are posts in there on how the game engine works that might help orientate you. Oh and a discussion about how to get really hot pizzas when Italy invades S Africa:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=28767

More generally, you might find it easier to get responses to questions etc on the AGEOD forums rather than here.

(in reply to rommel222)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Excellent GameGreetings to All, Just picked this up and really enjoy this excellent Ageod game on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI