Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Top 5 Strategy Games of 2018

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Top 5 Strategy Games of 2018 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Top 5 Strategy Games of 2018 - 12/31/2018 3:50:48 PM   
kevinkins

Guess which one is in the guys review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql8I48zlaYQ

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 1
RE: Top 5 Strategy Games of 2018 - 12/31/2018 8:03:28 PM   
exsonic01

I kinda agree with this channel's comments on AB, regarding zoom-in and zoom-out part.

My personal best RTS game so far upto today is "Supreme Commander Forged Allience" and I'm still enjoying this game. SCFA have very unique tier system, which allow players to engage from tactical level to strategic level based on tier/tech grade.

While AB and SCFA is totally different genre and very different games, the concept of "zoom-in and zoom-out" have some similarity between two. You can go 15km x 15km size game, with brigade or regiment level forces, and feel the a bit of sense of "mini-operational" game. In this level, players can enjoy the management & operational maneuvering of companies or battalions, streamlining unit's waypoints to achieve "mini-operational" goals like surrounding or flanking in brigade ~ regiment level. At the same time, you can play 5km x 5km or smaller, to enjoy company ~ battalion size pure tactical combat, just like Steel Panthers, Close Combat, and Combat Mission. This is one of the reason why I like AB. 15km x 15km and 5km x 5km (or smaller) feels a bit different.

This is one of the reason why I wish this game introduce additional features based on game size. Emergency resupply is a good example, me and other players pointed out that field resupply during operation is possible from batallion or regiment level according to FM of both sides. It would be feasible to introduce field resupply only from batallion or regiment size game.

Also, it would be possible to differentiate the fire support assets based on game size. For example, bombers like F-111 or B-52, or some specific fire support units such as TOS-1 Buratino, are possible to call by players from brigade level game.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 12/31/2018 8:14:05 PM >

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Top 5 Strategy Games of 2018 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI