Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the Faeroes Gap.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the Faeroes Gap. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 4:15:30 AM   
Gar-Dog

Breathing is good...

Also, be nice to Santa Claus... He's your guy to solve the problem!

(I've actually done some design work on the routing; I'm about to do the hard thing and go from human-readable logic to computer-readable, always the hard step with something like this. Don't hold your breath.)

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 31
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 4:43:09 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gar-Dog

Breathing is good...

Also, be nice to Santa Claus... He's your guy to solve the problem!

(I've actually done some design work on the routing; I'm about to do the hard thing and go from human-readable logic to computer-readable, always the hard step with something like this. Don't hold your breath.)

Interesting ... are you working with the MWiF code? Or, are you building a standalone "application" as a proof of concept for your approach? Either way, I wish you luck and would be interested in what you find.

Ronnie

(in reply to Gar-Dog)
Post #: 32
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 6:32:11 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

I tell you what, in my AAR at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4576328&mpage=4 the First Lord of the Admiralty, Winston Churchill is ready to have his convoy router shot! There is just NO EXCUSE for MWIF CONTINUALLY changing/ignoring my simple request. Specifically, I want two AUS to go to Canada. I have the CP's routes set up to do so and there's absolutely no reason for any other resource to use those CP's. But every time I route two AUS resources to Montreal and Toronto and then two Canadian RP's to Great Britain, MWIF UNDO'S MY ROUTING OF THE AUS resources.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I don't know if you can tell or not but I'm bit frustrated at the moment with MWIF convoy routing.

Game turn attached if anyone want to give it a try and experience the wonderful frustration I'm dealing with.

How did you get it to work in the first turn? I ask because it was working as a Default route in the game you first posted (and it was one of the few things that didn't pooch up in my numerous attempts to make it work as you desired).

But anyway, it's clear to me from my post #26 that using MWiF versions subsequent to 2.7.1 completely dooms any attempts to get convoys working right for the CW.

Paul

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 33
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 7:39:41 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

I tell you what, in my AAR at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4576328&mpage=4 the First Lord of the Admiralty, Winston Churchill is ready to have his convoy router shot! There is just NO EXCUSE for MWIF CONTINUALLY changing/ignoring my simple request. Specifically, I want two AUS to go to Canada. I have the CP's routes set up to do so and there's absolutely no reason for any other resource to use those CP's. But every time I route two AUS resources to Montreal and Toronto and then two Canadian RP's to Great Britain, MWIF UNDO'S MY ROUTING OF THE AUS resources.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I don't know if you can tell or not but I'm bit frustrated at the moment with MWIF convoy routing.

Game turn attached if anyone want to give it a try and experience the wonderful frustration I'm dealing with.

How did you get it to work in the first turn? I ask because it was working as a Default route in the game you first posted (and it was one of the few things that didn't pooch up in my numerous attempts to make it work as you desired).

But anyway, it's clear to me from my post #26 that using MWiF versions subsequent to 2.7.1 completely dooms any attempts to get convoys working right for the CW.
Not sure how I got it working in the first place, but I didn't get it working close to what I wanted. The way I did it was to use an autosave to go back to the beginning of the naval (for this current phase) and carefully made adjustments to convoys and resource allocations. I feel what I did, and got, is like setting a mousetrap. I've got it set but the slightest "bump" by me will set it off with a big snap that'll startled the heck out me. And then if that happens, I'm afraid I'll wind up with the mess that I posted on last night.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 1/11/2019 7:43:13 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 34
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 7:40:59 PM   
rkr1958

FYI. Here's the "fragile" convoy routes/production allocations that I managed to set after going back to an autosave at the beginning of the naval.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 1/11/2019 7:41:30 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 35
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/11/2019 8:51:18 PM   
gw15

I moved both Liverpool convoys to BoB
Bel Congo to Amazon
Both NED conv to St. Vincent
I was able to get the CW production to zero idle factories but 1 lent res to France will not make it. The French oil is used in production for Paris but uses up Atlantic conv. there is no need to lend oil to France because France can use CW oil for reorg.
There just isn't enough convoys in the Atl to satisfy the lending. Either CW or France will lose 1 production. Your choice.
During the lending phase a lot of planning has to go into how to place the convoys to satisfy the lending. I'm personally too lazy to do that.
I do have 3 unused convoys in the Atlantic area that can be moved back to a HQ for reorg and then move out again to allow that 1 lost res to get to France through the BoB.
It was tricky to make the program to use the Aust res for Canadian factories. I had to idle all of Canada's and S. American res first and then default the Aust one's to Canada. Then default (or override) the 5 Canadian and 2 Guyana res to the UK.

Also, Cyprus is lent to France.

However, further work...changing one of the Indian res going all the way to the UK to lend to France fixed it for both CW and France. No lost lending.

< Message edited by gw15 -- 1/11/2019 8:54:58 PM >

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 36
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/12/2019 12:28:48 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

Bel Congo to Amazon
I was able to get the CW production to zero idle factories but 1 lent res to France will not make it. The French oil is used in production for Paris but uses up Atlantic conv. there is no need to lend oil to France because France can use CW oil for reorg.
There just isn't enough convoys in the Atl to satisfy the lending. Either CW or France will lose 1 production. Your choice.
During the lending phase a lot of planning has to go into how to place the convoys to satisfy the lending. I'm personally too lazy to do that.
I do have 3 unused convoys in the Atlantic area that can be moved back to a HQ for reorg and then move out again to allow that 1 lost res to get to France through the BoB.
It was tricky to make the program to use the Aust res for Canadian factories. I had to idle all of Canada's and S. American res first and then default the Aust one's to Canada. Then default (or override) the 5 Canadian and 2 Guyana res to the UK.

However, further work...changing one of the Indian res going all the way to the UK to lend to France fixed it for both CW and France. No lost lending.

France cannot use CW oil for reorganisation. The French don't cooperate with the CW...

Peter

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 37
RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the ... - 1/12/2019 2:48:57 PM   
gw15

Those pesky rules again. No wonder I never win this game. Another reason why I like having a game to enforce the rules for me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: gw15

Bel Congo to Amazon

France cannot use CW oil for reorganisation. The French don't cooperate with the CW...

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> RE: Canadian Resources REFUSE to be routed through the Faeroes Gap. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI