Uploading Screenshots

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

ssiviour

Uploading Screenshots

Post by ssiviour »

My OS is Windows 10 which takes Screenshots in .png format, and are not compatable to upload to these forums.

Can some of the wise men out there advise me on what apps I can use to get screenshots in the right format. Or else how can I reformat those I have already taken?

Thanks in advance
Majorball68

RE: Uploading Screenshots

Post by Majorball68 »

Just use rename to change the .png to .jpg
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Well, that will work for posting but not all image programs may be happy opening it. Best bet is to zip it since that is accepted for posting as well as jpegs.

But if you can open the screen cap before posting, why can't you then save it as jpg? There is a good freeware program named Irfanview that can convert just about any image format to any other, as well as limited editing, cropping and/or resizing.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Well, that will work for posting but not all image programs may be happy opening it. Best bet is to zip it since that is accepted for posting as well as jpegs.

But if you can open the screen cap before posting, why can't you then save it as jpg? There is a good freeware program named Irfanview that can convert just about any image format to any other, as well as limited editing, cropping and/or resizing.
Might I suggest ... I believe it comes standard with windows. To get started just type, Snipping Tool in the "Type here to search" box.

Attachments
Snipping_Tool.jpg
Snipping_Tool.jpg (52.45 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Ronnie
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

Or anyway, IIRW, when you save it may offer you to do it as a .png but you can use the drop-down scroll and select .jpg

Return to “World in Flames”