Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom SU-Types?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Custom SU-Types? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom SU-Types? - 12/29/2018 9:31:54 AM   
Darthrafael

So I've been modding the game for personal use a lot lately, and I've been wondering if it's possible to add your own SU Types (So I can add like, a specific SU Type for Command Tanks or Heavy Tanks).

If this isn't possible, I have a few more questions to try and see if there's a workaround I can use
- Do SU Types control anything in-game, or can I safely use them for units that don't fit the role the SU Type would say they are (like using INF-MO for Command Tanks or something)?
- Is there a way to allow for the choice of two different units of the same SU Tag in a formation? As in, allow for two different subunits of the type TANK in a single formation.

Thanks in advance for any answers or advice!
Post #: 1
RE: Custom SU-Types? - 12/29/2018 11:52:59 AM   
CapnDarwin

SU Types are a fixed item in the game and used to govern certain AI functions. Custom SUTypes will be ignored or cause an error. What you are looking to use for formations is the units CompID. That value can be custom like TANK-HVY or TANK-CO, etc. With the CompID you can now build a formation like a Tank Company like 1*TANK-CO, 6* TANK, 3*TANK-HVY and have the specified units fill those specific selections when building a scenario.

Hope that helps. If you haven't done so already, reading the "Poor mans guide to modding" will help with some good information and practices to deal with modding data files.

Good luck!

Work on Southern Storm continues! Very busy times right now.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Darthrafael)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom SU-Types? - 12/29/2018 12:13:43 PM   
Darthrafael

Derp, I missed that bit it seems, and it was right on the next page of the manual >.<

Thanks a lot for the heads up! This'll make doing what I want to do much easier.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Custom SU-Types? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI