Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt - 12/28/2018 2:20:31 PM   
Novaliz

The ADSL mod uses some informations on the counter itself. Are they important for Tigers On The Hunt? Does the game uses the ADSL rules? And if yes, what version of ADSL rulebook is the closet to Tigers On The Hunt?
Post #: 1
RE: ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt - 12/28/2018 3:59:26 PM   
Paullus

The numbers are not important but works, especially if you are used to SL/ASL/ASLSK. I would say ASLSK rulebook are the closest one to Tigers on the Hunt.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 2
RE: ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt - 12/28/2018 4:37:01 PM   
Novaliz

Ok, thank you, because my greatest issue I have with the game is that it gives me no rules I have to consider? I dont know for example what the stats of the units are (move points, attack value, how it is all calculated etc.)? Playing the game is like gropping in the dark for me. I have never played ADSL before and need some rules

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
RE: ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt - 12/28/2018 4:55:58 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

Ok, thank you, because my greatest issue I have with the game is that it gives me no rules I have to consider? I dont know for example what the stats of the units are (move points, attack value, how it is all calculated etc.)? Playing the game is like gropping in the dark for me. I have never played ADSL before and need some rules

I apologize for a silly question but have you red the manual ? If you are someone that is not familiar with ASL, I strongly suggest you read the manual. Section 5 has example of play, Section 8 - Appendices has a lot of information that will be very useful to you, like for example Sequence of play, APPENDIX B describes personnel units (classification, unit states) and weapon systems. Section 9 is about "HOW TO" etc...

(in reply to Novaliz)
Post #: 4
RE: ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt - 12/28/2018 5:18:56 PM   
Novaliz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Novaliz

I apologize for a silly question but have you red the manual ? If you are someone that is not familiar with ASL, I strongly suggest you read the manual. Section 5 has example of play, Section 8 - Appendices has a lot of information that will be very useful to you, like for example Sequence of play, APPENDIX B describes personnel units (classification, unit states) and weapon systems. Section 9 is about "HOW TO" etc...

Hey, no problem. I have read the manual once though it can be possible that I miss something. The manual is good at explaining all the rules but what I miss are numbers and stats. The information is good but at the same point a little bit airy. As a boardgame player who likes tables and stats I do miss something. I want to understand the dice rolls behind the actions. My hope was that when I read or learn some of the ADSL rules I will understand the dice rules behind the game.

A god example for what I mean is the pc version of Conflict of Heroes boardgame. The game manual explains all the things you can do but you understand the mechanic behind the game only if you read the manual of the boardgame.

< Message edited by Novaliz -- 12/28/2018 5:20:32 PM >

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> ADSL mod and Tigers On The Hunt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI