A forgotten gem

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

Red2112

A forgotten gem

Post by Red2112 »

Hi all!

I thought I would pump up this forum up a bit as this game sure deserves more love! It might not have all the bell´s and whistles that some of the more modern games have, but In my opinion, it dosent need them and for me it´s retro look is what makes it even more attractive! It´s a pure old-school type wargame that is well thought of, with plenty of missions and a editor. So what more could one ask for!

I hope to upload a YT video soon next week, but do yourself a favour now that it´s on sale and pick this gem up!

Although not a specific review, and alot of new things have been added to the Matrix Edition, but for those who want to get an Idea of how the game system works, see the "Combatisim" review link below. Game comes with a 100 page rule book which also covers the editor handaling, charts etc.

Combatisim Combat Command 2 DF review:
http://www.combatsim.com/memb123/htm/2001/02/combatcom2/

Have fun and stop by once in awhile [:)]

Red
demyansk

RE: A forgotten gem

Post by demyansk »

I am still looking at it, might pull the plug
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

I guess i will necro-reply to this thread, cuz this forum and game deserves some action and I have the same sentiments as Red2112. This is really an underrated and enjoyable game. It is worth the purchase and definitely worthy of a purchase during the Holiday sales or with an anniversary coupon.
Kind Regards,

Harry
ThomasJay

Post by ThomasJay »

I hate to necro a thread but this game really is a forgotten gem. And I was pleasantly surprised to see the scenario list and descriptions show up under Windows10 !. My old win 8.1 machine I had to navigate to another folder to choose a scenario.

It's easy to pick up and play, the ai is decent, lot's of scenarios and an easy editor. A very good value during the sales.

Return to “Combat Command Series”