Why passenger ship needs cargo modules?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

zebanovich

Why passenger ship needs cargo modules?

Post by zebanovich »

The default AI design for passenger ships adds 2 cargo components, I made my own design but I'm not sure if passenger ships need cargo components? is it safe to remove them from design?
Sabranan

RE: Why passenger ship needs cargo modules?

Post by Sabranan »

That's weird, I don't think the default design templates include cargo bays for passenger ships.

In any case you should be safe to remove them, passenger ships only need passenger compartments to transport people.
zebanovich

Post by zebanovich »

thanks, I removed them.
yes default design includes 2 cargos.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: zebanovich

The default AI design for passenger ships adds 2 cargo components, I made my own design but I'm not sure if passenger ships need cargo components? is it safe to remove them from design?

They haul around tourists, so...how else is the travel agency supposed to lose your luggage? [;)]

In truth, I don't think they are necessary, so you should be fine without them.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”