Disband

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

LeeChard

Disband

Post by LeeChard »

I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time.
While upgrading an Aussie base force I notice there is an option to disband the unit.
For what reason would I ever do that?
GetAssista

RE: Disband

Post by GetAssista »

To get some squads/devices for reinforcing a combat unit. British and Australian pools restock very slowly so sometimes it makes sense to disband some brigades to reinforce your frontline divisions. Also a fragment of the unit can be disbanded, it makes the main part of the unit somewhere else able to pull replacements to the full TOE
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

To pry away the SCR-270 radar from the BF.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

You also get the choice of bringing the unit back in 120 days or making the disband permenant....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

Late game there's a lot of Aussie stuff that exists in case of Japanese invasions.... they can either sit there and enjoy the war from the sunlit beaches or they can be disbanded and their troops used to fill out the combat forces at the sharp end..... Some of the Allied pools are pretty depleted towards the end so its a way of using what you have intelligently.

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

I've been meaning to ask this question for a long time.
While upgrading an Aussie base force I notice there is an option to disband the unit.
For what reason would I ever do that?

Management of Allied device pools is an art form, and not just for squads. You can gain significant time on your upgrade cycles if you do it properly. There are many old threads on this; some headed up by crsutton are among the best.
The Moose
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Some ideas I hadn't thought of, thanks!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”