From: ON, Canada
Download LST's and open it up and check it out, and do a couple of turns in AI, and check it out in the editor. Although I would luv to try it, the reason I haven't tried it yet as IJN is because it really puts a strain on resources and ships. You will NOT have the abundance of resources and cargo ships as you have normally at the beginning of other MODs, everything pretty much needs to be shipped in, and everything is tighter. It's tougher for the IJN as compared to other MODs
For the Allies, there are civilians, nurses, etc that have to be evacuated before normal ships/troops, so Sir Robin is out until the Allies clear them (if you follow the word doc instructions). Also, USA resources are severely curtailed as most of the industries are heavily damaged.
Lastly, the game is odd in the sense that it actually starts the afternoon of Dec 7th. So PI, PH and Malaya A/C have to stay "STAND DOWN" for both sides until we complete the first turn.
If this is your FIRST, or haven't done a lot of IJN, not sure I would start with LST's mod. I mostly play IJN now and have done so for years, but i'm still playing it as IJN vs Allied AI until I get the hang of it.
So, from a IJN newbie perspective, you might find it harder, but check it out first. If you decide to stay with BigB (BMOD), then I am completely up for it as I, like I said above, find that it is my favorite combat realism MOD.
As for settings, turn cycle is optional (1 or 2, up to you), but I would like FoW, Weather, Damage, PDU, R&D all ON, and Reliable Torps and No Unit Withdrawal OFF. Reinf is optional (up to you), and Combat Animations/Summaries ON.
As for House Rules, and HERE is the critical part. You can IGNORE any/all of them, but just know that for me, as Allies, I WILL follow the house rules below that is anything for Allies. This is for my enjoyment only, and again, you do NOT have to follow any them if you don't want. After year of playing, this is just how I like to play Allies. Again, you DO NOT Have to follow any them:
1. No strat bombing of Industry/Oil/Refineries in China or DEI. Bombing of manpower is allowed. Strat bombing anywhere else is allowed.
2. Fighters can sweep and/or fly CAP/LRCAP at best and second best maneuver altitude bands only
3. Amphibious assaults only at dot and regular bases. No sub-borne amphibious assaults.
4. Must pay PP to move restricted units out of the country they are currently in. Exceptions: India Command units can enter Akyab, and Kwangtung Army units can enter Korea
5. No transfer of American units from the Philippines to the Chinese mainland. Other commands are OK.
6. Any allied air units based in China must be supported by base force units of the same nationality.
7. No 4E naval bombing below 10,000 feet except for seaplanes and PB4Y-1/2 USN units.
8. B29s cannot be used for naval attacks.
9. 10k minimum altitude on night bombing.
10. Dutch (incl KNIL) & Phillipine land units may not be moved out of the DEI/Phillipines.
11. Dutch Air units cannot be disbanded or withdrawn.
12. Dutch ships must not operate in the Pacific.
13. No British ships in Pacific until 1943.
14. Allies cannot react to landings in Tarawa, Wake, Miri until first landings, or by Dec 14th.
15. No transfers between off map ports. Allies must use transports to move between off map bases, or use rail to move from East Coast to West Coast then board a ship.
16. No full speed transit off map
17. Picket ships must be warships of at least 1000 tons
18. Only two subs per AS can be prepared for sea in one day.
19. CV-TFs can only operate in “cardivs”. A cardiv is defined as a maximum of 2 Fleet CVs with associated escort vessels. Multiple CV-TFs may operate in a hex, but no individual CV-TF may have more than 2 Fleet CVs. Max of 4 CVs of any kind (e.g. 2 CVs + 2 CVLs)
Once again :), this is mostly for me. Sounds like a lot, but most are for my play, and very few affect the Japanese. It just gives you an idea of how I will play. If you use my own rules against me :) during combat, then no issues, and that's my problem :). It's a game after all. I just need to make sure that I enjoy it if we go for a while (which I hope).
Thanks for thinking about it. Again, if you have someone else in mind, or want to change anything above, please feel absolutely free. No worries, no issues.
Lastly, as far as I know, the last BMOD version is Nov 19th (let me know if that is wrong), and for LST, it's 1.2B. Also, don't forget that BMOD uses the STOCK map now, so you will need to ensure that's ok, and LST uses extended/expanded as it's based on DBB-C.
Very lastly :), in case you find that you don't like BMOD or LST in your analysis, i'm very open to DBB-C (with the Mukden fix (as it's incorrectly set to 2000 garrison, instead of 200 (which you need to fix in the editor before we start)).
I would prefer NOT to play BTSL for this go around for only 2 reasons: 1) i'm always hoping that Kitakami comes back so that we can restart our BTSL game that we had, and 2) i've played it straight for almost 2 years, and just need to try something different. Outside of that, from a What-If realistic perspective, luv that mod as it basically shows what would have happened to the war if the IJN had simply NOT changed their slipways, and left them as is.
Phew.. that's it.. sorry for the ramble.....
< Message edited by Falken -- 12/1/2018 11:16:46 PM >