Command 2 is basically announced

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

britten

Command 2 is basically announced

Post by britten »

The team is now looking into adding new features such as multiplayer and AI and working on Command 2, a new release of the commercial game.
[&o][&o][&o]
Command doesn’t really handle the infantry and the Americans have placed a pretty massive contract with us for an armed warfare simulation that we already do that they want for certain departments of the US infantry. The project’s been given a government title and we received the order for that last week.
Hopefully at least some bits of that code will be smuggled to commercial version!

Source:
http://defence.h5mag.com/global_defence ... simulation
zakblood

RE: Command 2 is basically announced

Post by zakblood »

well that's good news for everyone[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Sharana

Post by Sharana »

The team initially expected Command PE users to focus more on the numbers than the visuals, but discovered that it was at least as important that the graphics were really strong.

Yes, more Tacview please :D
HellcatOne

Post by HellcatOne »

i hope the system requedments are low same as normal CMANO
[left]Image[/left]
[left]CMANO Italia[/left]
TheOttoman

Post by TheOttoman »

“Command doesn’t really handle the infantry and the Americans have placed a pretty massive contract with us for an armed warfare simulation that we already do that they want for certain departments of the US infantry. The project’s been given a government title and we received the order for that last week.”

Could I get some more information on this. I can't seem to find anything on usaspending.gov other than the contract with the Navy from last August.
StellarRat

Post by StellarRat »

Very cool article. One thing I didn't like much is heaping all the praise on Slitherine. Anyone that knows how the game industry works and the history of Command in particular knows that the developers are the ones that should be getting all the praise. The publisher just does sales, marketing, and SOMETIMES provides financial support for game developers. If you look at all the games Slitherine offers you'll see they are all developed by someone else. The developers do the "real" work. It's not the same thing as when Ford comes out with a cool new Mustang and everyone says Ford is awesome.
Vici Supreme

Post by Vici Supreme »

IIRC, wasn't this part of the commercial edition of the game as well?
Such is its accuracy, PE will take into account factors like how the load affects fuel consumption, so an aircraft will be more agile and use less fuel after it has dropped its bomb payload or when it has less fuel on board, for example.
http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4091

Awesome news though!
oran42

Post by oran42 »

The article says the contract is for a different Slitherine armored warfare simulation, not Command. Flashpoint? Armored Brigade?

Slitherine says in that article the professional versions only exist and are liked because of the play testing that goes into the CE versions by CE users. So hopefully for CE users most of the features from PE will go into CE outside of ones only needed or multi-user, distributed/umpired simulation, even if as optionally enabled features so CE users can choose the system requirements and complexity they can handle.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm sure its not a surprise that the team are not giving up :)

All we have said so far is the Warfare Sims team are continually working on Command and there will at some point be a sequel. There is no announcement about what that will be or when. Anything else is conjecture from journalists and don't believe because its in quote marks that those the words we used! :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

All we have said so far is the Warfare Sims team are continually working on Command and there will at some point be a sequel. There is no announcement about what that will be or when. Anything else is conjecture from journalists and don't believe because its in quote marks that those the words we used! :)

[&o]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

This is welcome news... a true combined arms simulator...
That will make a my Khe Sahn and Hungnam scenarios more life-like.
Thank you to the team.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

If you gave me a game that let me to a forced entry of a hostile region complete with the 82d Airborne's DRB and a Ranger battalion jumping onto an airport (along with all the other stuff that flies and floats) I might never buy another game ever again.
ParachuteProne

Post by ParachuteProne »

ORIGINAL: hellfish6

If you gave me a game that let me to a forced entry of a hostile region complete with the 82d Airborne's DRB and a Ranger battalion jumping onto an airport (along with all the other stuff that flies and floats) I might never buy another game ever again.

That would be epic !
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

Okay, that is just irritating that they use a false quote...
Sigh. I think I will wait to hear the news from you folks.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”